Reflex ALX 6000 Series

pascal3

Retro Guru
Hello,
I just found this Reflex ALX 6000 Series completely original, Shimano Deore LX mount.

Anyone know the year of production in this fluorescent color?

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,264
  • IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,260
  • IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,261
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,264
  • IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 2,266
Re:

Don't know anything about these but that is lovely, I'd hazard a guess at around 1991/2 based on the groupset? But I'm sure others will know for sure.

Re:

Very nice find. I really want a Reflex. I imported a few back in 1988, the ALX88 & ALX 99 models. Lovely.
This suspect is later and probably from around the transition from Reflex to Peugeot/Look as said 1992/93. Though those do have a Grisley marking, but are for all intense & purpose the same frame. As is the Grisley Glacier.
Here is a blog featuring the same 6000 series. It is Hungarian I think so translation is needed.
http://bikemag.hu/magazin/hirek/retrobl ... gykoru-mtb

fearfactoryüberalles, a memeber on here is based in Hungary amd was selling a Reflex frame (I stupidly missed out on it) so he might be able to help with translation. K wonder if these were European only?

It was an odd arrangement with Easton/Reflex. I belive the technology was Peter Grisley's though Ihave seen suggestions it was Raleigh's which was licensed. Frames were made in USA and Europe ( Alan in france), but it seems Easton might have had a conflict and sold to Look.

Anyway great find :D ...I'm very jellous. If you get board of it.....let me know.

Re:

Hi Gerard,
Thank you for this info, I will look at the blog you are talking about.
I have another Reflex ALX DT Carbon but it is too big for me and I wanted to sell it but maybe I will keep it.
I also think of the Shimano parts that it must be from 1991.

My other frame Reflex:

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 2,218
Re: Re:

pascal3":23nnudi2 said:
In the blog, he talks about 1989, it seems probable.

Pascal
I think 1989 is too early. The ALX89/99 were still current then. There are catalogues on the Wombat page for 1990 which list the 89/99.
This very much looks like a Grisley design which was post 1990. From the Look MI90 Barn find thread on here.

IMG_1162_zpsbyrbawun.jpg

Re:

Here is my 1988 Reflex ALX 99.

I'm missing the front badge/decal. Does anyone know how I might find another?

The frame is somewhat similar to my Grisley Team Line.

Attachments

• 88-Easton-Reflex-Front-925-vh.jpg
    88-Easton-Reflex-Front-925-vh.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 2,068
  • 1988-Easton-Reflex-ALX99-925-vh.jpg
    1988-Easton-Reflex-ALX99-925-vh.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 2,068
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.00.00 AM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.00.00 AM copy.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,067
Gerard":nt93ofcd said:
Gil_M on here is your man for decals. His facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/retrodecals/

Nice bike. Always fond memories of the ALX 89/99s.

Thanks for the RetroDecals lead.

I noticed that you have a Grisley. Mine is almost complete. The only things missing are the little Grisley Bear medallions on the top of the seat stays. Someone pried them off.

I'm sure that they are rare as hens teeth.....but if you ever hear of a couple being available I would certainly appreciate a heads up. John

Attachments

• Grisley-Button.jpg
    Grisley-Button.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,032
Re: Re:

Gerard":i4g07147 said:
Very nice find. I really want a Reflex. I imported a few back in 1988, the ALX88 & ALX 99 models. Lovely.
This suspect is later and probably from around the transition from Reflex to Peugeot/Look as said 1992/93. Though those do have a Grisley marking, but are for all intense & purpose the same frame. As is the Grisley Glacier.
Here is a blog featuring the same 6000 series. It is Hungarian I think so translation is needed.
http://bikemag.hu/magazin/hirek/retrobl ... gykoru-mtb

fearfactoryüberalles, a memeber on here is based in Hungary amd was selling a Reflex frame (I stupidly missed out on it) so he might be able to help with translation. K wonder if these were European only?

It was an odd arrangement with Easton/Reflex. I belive the technology was Peter Grisley's though Ihave seen suggestions it was Raleigh's which was licensed. Frames were made in USA and Europe ( Alan in france), but it seems Easton might have had a conflict and sold to Look.

Anyway great find :D ...I'm very jellous. If you get board of it.....let me know.

Hiya mates,

if a proper translation of this text: http://bikemag.hu/magazin/hirek/retrobl ... gykoru-mtb needed, just let me know, I will do my best.

Personally, to me the Reflex bikes seems well thought out and very unique. Anyway these bikes are getting rarer than rocking horse' poo so keep up the good faith in them!

Cheers,
Endre

Back