Orange P7 build thread

Kingswood

Old School Hero
hi,

thought id start a (slow) build thread on a P7 i picked up on ebay. here it is sat in my mates bike shop:

usual story, mid 30's now and always wanted one of these as a kid but to poor back then :cry: so with some disposable income, and really wanting a 911 as a sunday car, thought this would scratch the itch :D

wanted to keep it as original as possible so the maguras will be going at some point. its got a mixture of original stx-rc, modern LX and XT on it and want a more authentic group set for it.

this is where the Kastle Degree 8.0 HD8 i bought off ebay come in. what? i hear you say. apparently its an Austrian make that tried breaking into the UK market mid 90's. here it is sat in the shed:

whats important is the full XT737/8 group set it has on it :D this will be going on the P7. started stripping it the other day. looking at the forks it looks like the suspension ones where probably took off a while ago. the finishing kit is old school tioga

had to get a new wheel set for it tho as the P7 was a mixture of stx-rc on mavic and oversize GT on mavic and the Kastle eagle rims. got a mint set of XT on mavic517 with Xt skewers off flea bay for a song :)

bike will be coming along slowly. wifes right behind me..........when we collected the P7 she goes, looks a bit small for you, dont worry baby i says, its not for riding - be going on the garage wall when its finished! lol

very cool, we wont see it sunday at clipstone then ;)

whats the plan with the old p7 parts ................. ;)

Re:

Nice project, interested it the Kastle too. Not heard of them. What tubing is it?

Mike

Re:

:( wish I was just in my mid-thirties now... Anyway, nice P7 there – looks like a 94/95-ish frame with later Orange down tube decal :cool: Are you going to buff this one up back to former shiny glory? Kastle looks good too.

cheers :)

guna be cleaning up and moving on the parts i wont be using, and probably the Kastle frame too. will put first dips on here then prob flea bay. hate their cut but love an auction - all be 99p start

think Kastle where modern day Cube/KTM/Focus type company who tried breaking into the UK market with well priced, high spec bikes in the 90's but it didnt come off? tubing is 'tange mid-size tubing, made in japan and designed in usa'

P7 is march 1996 according to the date stamp of A6030

finished stripping the Kastle today (and my knuckles) guna clean up the parts for the P7 and clean up the frame to post on here for sale.

frames in good nick and has the tioga and kastle finishing kit so will make a good build in its self.

with the improvement in weather and development of sore knees, meaning no gym after work today, decided to get in the shed and start stripping the P7

removed the drivetrain and wheels and was quite impressed with the condition of the frame.

few things not too happy/unsure about - the purple seat clamp, what would have been the oem style? theres also the purple curly style bottle cage, and purple xlite bar caps
and the red alloy key bolts on the seat stay - need to get some original ones.

devised a list of parts to play with and then start putting together:

xlite bar ends
tioga bar ends
XT M739 shifters
XT M738 STI combi
XT M737 canti's
XT M737 rear mech
LX M570 rear mech
STX front mech
XT 737 front mech
Raceline Hs33 brakes
STX-RC MC36 crank
XT M737 Crank
STX head set - on P7
Tioga headset on Kestle

Mite try and find a XT headset for the P7.

also got 3 pairs of wheels to choose from but almost sure guna go with the XT ones i stole off ebay. will list the wheels over weekend hopefully.

Back