GT Pantstera - budger racer

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have like many of you, a pile of tatty parts that aren't even worth the postage to get rid of them. So I thought I'd buy a frame to hang them on and have been looking a while, when this rather fetching GT Pantera (1996?) popped up on eBay for a tenner. The plan is to throw it together as cheaply as possible - hopefully sub-£50 and do a couple of laps at Mountain Mayhem on it.

It's been loved all its life......

Attachments

• Pants_4.jpg
    Pants_4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Pants_3.jpg
    Pants_3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Pants_2.jpg
    Pants_2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Pants_1.jpg
    Pants_1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,012
Re:

Out with the scouring pad, I have a whole week's worth of evenings to polish this... Yeah, it's a bit pitted.

Attachments

• Pants_7.jpg
    Pants_7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Pants_6.jpg
    Pants_6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Pants_5.jpg
    Pants_5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,009
Re:

I have some scruffy Pace forks to fit too - don't forget to check those bolts are tight otherwise you too could have forks like this :facepalm:

Attachments

• Legs.jpg
    Legs.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 997
  • Crown_2.jpg
    Crown_2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 997
  • Crown_1.jpg
    Crown_1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 997
Re:

I've got a pair of purple Bologna forks if you fancy going ridged. They're a bit chipped- so would match the frame nicely. :D

I'd need to check the steerer length, but yours for the price of postage if you're interested?

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":foq2seh6 said:
I've got a pair of purple Bologna forks if you fancy going ridged. They're a bit chipped- so would match the frame nicely. :D

I'd need to check the steerer length, but yours for the price of postage if you're interested?

My head tube is huge, 160mm so the forks need to be >215mm steerer, really. I am interested though.

SP

Re:

Jobs done:

- polished seat tube
- polished BB
- polished left seat stay
- flatted off high-spots on the legs and dragged over a bit of Scotch-Brite to rough the finish off as they'll be Locite'd into the crown.
- ordered some new circlips from justbackdated

Looking a bit better :)

Attachments

• legs_buffed.jpg
    legs_buffed.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 898
  • Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 898
  • BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 898
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 898
this will turn into one of them bikes youll lov and not want to part with ;)

i like it

longun":1h75vumc said:
this will turn into one of them bikes youll lov and not want to part with ;)

i like it

Nah, it is a 22" frame - way too big for me. It's just a clothes horse to hang bits off! However, for a tall chap such as yourself, it would be nice....... ;)

ha, your right..... although i had to let mine go at iconoclassic last year as i'd do nowt with them, too many bikes at present......

Back