1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp (finished page 5)

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Now i've got the Pine Mountain finished i can now turn my attention to restoring this lovely Stumpy comp back to its former self :D
My first thoughts when i seen this bike for sale was it's got to be saved from the strip and flip brigade and hopefully i can get the chance to do that and bring it back to its former self.
These are the restorations i love doing,original owner bikes still with the original parts but have just been forgotten about and been tucked away for years.

So first of all i'd like to give a big thank you to Anthony for letting me have the opportunity to restore the bike.

My first impressions of it after getting it out into the sun,i'd say the bike has had an easy life going by the condition of everything just your general wear and tear. Just a shame that the walls on the tyres are shot :cry: but to be honest you half expect that anyways.
The frame and forks after a really good clean and polish should come up a treat and you should be able to see the lovely pearl effect again.
It'll still take a lot of work to get everything how i want it but when it's all back together again i believe it would've been worth the effort.

First up get it all stripped down to just the frame and forks and start from there,i've been looking forward to this :D

And to think the original owner was just going to take it to the tip,phew :D :LOL:

Attachments

• IMAG4026_1.jpg
    IMAG4026_1.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 2,184
  • IMAG4025_1.jpg
    IMAG4025_1.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 2,184
  • IMAG4021_1.jpg
    IMAG4021_1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 2,185
  • IMAG4023_1.jpg
    IMAG4023_1.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 2,183
  • IMAG4022_1.jpg
    IMAG4022_1.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 2,184
  • IMAG4017_1.jpg
    IMAG4017_1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,186
  • IMAG4019_1.jpg
    IMAG4019_1.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2,187
  • IMAG4024_1.jpg
    IMAG4024_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,188
Re: Re:

Antstark":ss4t0ja7 said:
It was never that sunny in the North East when i lived there. :cool:

Two days in row now up here,it's close to being a heatwave :LOL: It's February soon soo it'll be shorts and t-shirt's instead of jumpers and shorts :LOL:

Re: Re:

Mate, most blokes up there are in Tshirts even if its snowing..I've been to the bigg market y'know :D

Spanky22b":3sxneoad said:
Antstark":3sxneoad said:
It was never that sunny in the North East when i lived there. :cool:

Two days in row now up here,it's close to being a heatwave :LOL: It's February soon soo it'll be shorts and t-shirt's instead of jumpers and shorts :LOL:

Re: 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

that Stumpy looks to be in a fine shape - a great starting point.

Re: 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

Looking forward to watching this. I have several Stumpies to be built up (one day!)

Back