1996 Marin Larkspur hybrid (available for cheap too!)

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just picked this up from from a nice gent on Gumtree after it was listed yesterday at just £25. A quick scrub and a couple of photos taken in the garden. The parts are nothing special but as far as I can tell they are all the original ones, right down to the reflectors.

I've never owned a Marin before but I always liked them from this era - it was when I was just getting into bikes and in '95 or '96 I worked for a couple of weeks at a bike shop for work experience and they had the full range of Marins like this at the time.

I'll quite happily keep it though it's unlikely to get any use in the near future, so if someone here can give it a good home and can collect from near Winchester they can have it what I paid for it, which was £25 - and if you want to give me a couple of quid to cover my petrol and the hour round trip I took to pick it up, all the better :) Otherwise it becomes pub bike number 1...

EDIT - NOW TAKEN AND PUT TO GOOD USE BY ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER

Attachments

• IMG_9868 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9868 (Custom).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_9869 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9869 (Custom).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 904
  • IMG_9870 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9870 (Custom).JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 909
Re: 1996 Marin Larkspur hybrid

17.5" centre to centre, 19" centre to top of seat tube. Looks like it's set up for someone around 5'9 to 5'10 at the saddle height in the photo.

Re:

That looks pretty cool actually, rather smart.
love the "Larkspur" name as well, presumably after Larkspur Canyon? I like how Marin named a lot of their bikes after locations in the Marin County area :)

Re: 1996 Marin Larkspur hybrid

Used to have the newer one of these. Think it was a 2005. was given to me as a wreck and rebuilt it. Lovely bike to ride but it was too small for me so been trying to find one since. Typical this one is perfect size but just too far away. To be honest never even realised they made them that long ago. Oh and thats a bargain

Thought someone might have snapped this up by now, though I'm starting to think of the parts I might change on it, which makes me worried that it's about to turn into a project I really don't need!!

Back