American Eagle Lake Tahoe

Herman

Dirt Disciple
Here another Dutch beauty, my American Eagle Lake Tahoe.

The strange thing is, I can't find any info about this type. I have seen some other Lake Tahoe's on the web, but totally different bike's.

Some Specs

-Mixture of Shimano STC-RC front derr., bracket and V-brakes and Sram parts. rear derr. and shifters
-Aluminium Frame
-Tange Steel Fork
-Ritchey Steer and stem
-Ritchey Rims (Rock SCX)
-Ritchey Tires (Speedmax)
-Diatech headset, tensioning not through a bolt on the steering stem, but by some clamp just above the bearings.
-Weight just under 12 kilo's

It's a light and nimble bike on the road, I don't use it off-road (sorry about that).

Greetings,

Herman

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,115
  • Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,115
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,115
Sorry cannot help with the bike ID. But you're very welcome, there's a few of us from the low countries out here. Your ride looks in very good condition.

Enjoy!!

I must have a catalogue somewhere. I'll take a look. That stem is in fact a Nitto. It is nicely welded.

@IbocProSX Thanks, the bike is almost like new. The marks it has, come from hanging on 2 hooks in a guy's garage. Not from us.

@Elev12k I would like it if you find some info on the bike. Regarding the stem, I have to disagree. On the stem is written Ritchey Force Lite.

Thanks for the reactions.

Greetings,

Herman

Herman,

Ritchey hadn't an own stem factory. It is made with Nitto in Japan. Like later era Ritchey frames are made with Toyo in -again- Japan. The Japanese do an excellent job, so I think it's a great move.

Here another picture with the original Barends in place.

They have some markings from placing the bike wrong site up.

But I'm not sure how to remove the scratches. I have polished most of it out, but they are not like new.

@Elev12k You are right about the weldings, they are very clean.

Attachments

• Bar-ends.jpg
    Bar-ends.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,966
Herman,

My catalogue is of the 1995 modelyear. For '95 there was no Lake Tahoe.

Most plausible your bike is from '96 or '97. On originality: AE's were often equiped with Ritchey parts. I think Rentmeester was importer for Ritchey back then. Probably the STX RC was original equipment and the SRAM stuff upgrades. The seat is of course not original.

O.k.,

Thanks for looking, maybe I'll contact the distrubutor (Veltec) and ask if they have some old info.

Greetings,

Herman

Back