1993 Clockwork Grey

Rare as! No idea what the RAL code is.. I think the grey was a different shade to the aluminum O's I've got in the original Matt Silver...and agree with you, am pretty sure it was a satin grey finish.. anyway good luck mate with your project.. :)

Re:

The finish was called silver grey on the clockwork. I tried to find the code years ago when I did my grey clockwork but had no luck. Rare as hens teeth and the next/first decent one is mine! :twisted:

Re:

Thanks guys I have only seen two.

One was DT's at Stif Leeds the other was my ex next door neighbours bought from Stiff back in 93.

I bought on the colour alone and a handbuilt XT wheelset for £90 locally.

It turned out to be my neighbour bike passed on to his mate....full circle I guess

Yep super rare indeed. And Ed if I do ever see one you will be the first to know.. Just as elusive as the Prestige xc expert 1992 in grey... :) never seen or heard of anyone owning one them.. :(

Re:

Only one I've ever seen in the flesh was on the shop floor at Airevalley Cycles back in 1992. I used to drool over it and often try to remember the exact spec it had. Ended up getting a second hand orange/white fade instead.

Only seen two for sale in the correct colour and correct decals. Both far too small and both rough as guts. This was the first one I found, years ago.

Attachments

• orange%20clockwork[1].jpg
    orange%20clockwork[1].jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 672
Re:

Seen quite a few 93's in grey but with different decals. got a feeling these are a different grey though, from the time they changed from wet paint to powdercoat, like the grey c16's.

Re:

Quite like the grey frames. Don't suppose there's any records with Orange. There's quite a shades of grey out there – RAL 7047, 9018, 7038, 7035 all look possible options – best finding RAL charts online or type in RAL & the code in on Google images for examples.

Cheers - went for RAL 7035 satin finish. Slightly lighter than 7038. Used car paint factor swatch for best match.

Also found a silver grey looked too silver...........now looking at decals mine are later Block style in Orange black outline 1993..

Brocklanders '92 has got me thinking ........ nice I also visited Airevalley Cycles saw a P7 nickel swayed me from a Clocky..... picking a P7 nickel up tommo time for a back to back test.

Struggling to post pics.

Back