1995 TREK Y33 M910..$98 special!

34henry3w

Retro Guru
I found this thing on the local craiglist the other day..the guy was asking $130 cdn ($98 US) with no wheels..as the damper in the fork is worth about that I called and said I would take it sight unseen!

it is no garage queen but was 100% complete and original..to date I have:

-totally disassembled and cleaned, polished, regreased.
-rebuilt the fork with new bushings..it actually had a risse gem cartridge and speeds springs!
-fixed leaky valve on the rear shock..just a new o ring.
-found some appropriate wheels, rebuild the hubs, and installed the correct tires
-dropped it out of the bike stand due to the seat binder not being tight enough and scratched it (I screamed quite loud)

need to fix the left shifter, and it should be added to my wifes growing collection of bikes! I will have under $200 into it! not bad I think.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,607
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,608
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,605
Re:

Nice!

BTW, Risse Racing can service those Strata Shocks. They're the only place that I know of. risseracing.com

Very nice bike! I can't believe you found one at this price! It looks like it's in showroom condition.

I bought the same bike new in 1996, Trek had some in stock at the end of 1995 and unloaded them at discount. I raced with it for one season and loved it. I took mine out of storage earlier this month and started to look for parts. I just joined retro Bike and came across this post. In case you have any spare parts you are willing to sell, here's what I'm looking for:

-Fox ALPS 4, mine broke and I took off the bike. It unfortunately got misplaced when I moved.
-System 3 handlebar and bar ends
-Original Continental front tire
-Bushings for the Judy SL, I'm hoping the cartridge is still good.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matt

Re:

you can call risse racing about the shock. they might have some spare fox alps..make sure to figure the correct eye to eye. worst case you can buy a new risse shock for it..but at $200 it might be best to get an entire donor bike on ebay, use the shock and part the rest out.

I always replace the bushings as they will instantly destroy the ano on the stanchions once their teflon wears off. it seems they are available here..old bike stores should have the tools to replace these..you will get a deer in the headlights look from any employee under the age of 35!

http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/produc ... hing-kits/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My Y-33's Strata Shock is 6-3/4" eye to eye. Mine was $100, IIRC.

29302353683_dc03005e28_c.jpg

29894490026_548f2da1a6_c.jpg

29302354533_0483c7bcf0_c.jpg
[/url]

Re:

I measured both the size small 1995 y33 and my size large 1995 y22 and the eye to eye on both is 16.5cm..out for a ride!..

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 1,364
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,359
Great find. Not sure what it is about the Trek Y's but always liked them! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Re: Re:

34henry3w":2endg7od said:
I measured both the size small 1995 y33 and my size large 1995 y22 and the eye to eye on both is 16.5cm..out for a ride!..

They're such lovely looking bikes, simple lines. No idea how the URT design feels to ride though

Back