Lotus Sport MTB

RawBikeCo

Senior Retro Guru
Been on lookout for one of these for a while, and before you get too excited its not the über rare carbon jobbie but rather British Eagle aluminium one. Not too much info that I can find particularly on original build spec, seam to remember they did an LX version and in the below advert shows top of the line XTR. I'm not going to lavish XTR on it so thinking they must have done an XT version, which I've got plenty of stuff to use. Other than that thinking simple repaint in black, polish rear end and find some aluminium forks and stem in silver to match the polished rear.

If anyone has some info on build of these be bery interested.

Attachments

• IMG_8033.JPG
    IMG_8033.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_8031.JPG
    IMG_8031.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_8032.JPG
    IMG_8032.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_8030.JPG
    IMG_8030.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,102
Judging by the wieght of the frame the aluminium tubes may be solid!! Was never going to be a light wieght racer!

Yellow legs to tie in with the frame decals and a price saving to them I guess.

Quadra 21R's were my first sus fork, bought and sent to me by my uncle in the US before I'd seen another pair here, I was to chuffed :)

Minifreak":3l7xgzb9 said:
Yellow legs to tie in with the frame decals and a price saving to them I guess.

Quadra 21R's were my first sus fork, bought and sent to me by my uncle in the US before I'd seen another pair here, I was to chuffed :)

You're probably spot on there, vast majorities buy things on initial aesthetic value, after all. I think the Q21s were broadly similar internally to the first Judy XCs anyway, just a little more flexible due to the slimmer legs.

Re:

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2431-1.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2435-1.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;t=61319

Back