1991 HAIRBALL TECHNO MANIA

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Sat at the back of the French Class at School in 1991, I remember opening the latest issue of MBUK and seeing that double page spread of Greg Herbold's Tricked Out Koga Miyata, a brand I hadn't even heard of! Prototype This, Disk Drive That and Deore XT The Other.. This was one serious Steed and instantly, I was in love..

25 Years Later, and I still look at that Koga and think "I want that". So here goes, I am embarking on a 1991 Hairball Techno Mania Tribute..

29624361334_8419ea96a7_c_d.jpg

29625293423_e7722eea2a_c_d.jpg

firedfromthecircus":2f4bgn5b said:
Doesn't look too bad for a start point.
As it stands, it rides really good! Had it delivered to work in Central London, then rode it 5 or so miles home.. I'm 6'1" and the thing fits perfectly, which was a surprise given how Gate-like it looks, so I might even be able to throw this around the South Downs as an actual Rider.. :twisted:

The parts on it that won't be kept are in great condition too, so should be able to sell/buy without too much outlay.. Until it come to the Disko that is :shock: ..and maybe the Porcs.. :facepalm:

Re:

Looking forward to this, I had a few of these Carbolite's. Nicely build but pretty heavy frames.
As a Dutchy I have to follow this build :)

Re: Re:

Jamis Diablo":3jl81h73 said:
Nicely build but pretty heavy frames.
Yeah, not the lightest Rig I've ridden..! But, hopefully that'l mean it can take my 85Kilos throwing it around.. :twisted:

Re:

Cool! Love Koga Carbolites very strong frames! Hope you can fulfill your childhooddream! What is Greg doing these days besides exploring?

Re:

I had a similar experience when I saw this in 94 :D

Attachments

• IMG_7153.PNG
    IMG_7153.PNG
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,930
Great thread this as I remember being blown away by that pic as well. Look forward to seeing the final build!

Back