1991 Cannondale 1MB

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
It's always when I'm not looking for something that I find rare item.
The Cannondale 1 MB was only shown in european 1991 catalog, but some were sold in USA. Same frame as all C'dale mtb and same pepperoni fork as competition series… but the 1MB was the only Cannondale mtb built and sale with Campagnolo parts.
Brian from VintageCannondale discovered that bike in some classifieds. Quite new with all original parts, and in my size !
My only job was to clean the bike, and to upgrading some parts : campagnolo headset and seat post, Flite saddle, grey ODI grips. But nothing more.

Last week fast pictures…

Yes Pierre! Very cool and just the right size :)

One of my buddies had one of these in Jr. High. It was significantly better than the rest of our bikes at the time.

Cannondale had some neat spec'ed bikes back then. The early Omega bikes are pretty cool as well.

thanks for your words
rumpfy":1juv9rdz said:
One of my buddies had one of these in Jr. High. It was significantly better than the rest of our bikes at the time.

Cannondale had some neat spec'ed bikes back then. The early Omega bikes are pretty cool as well.

the 1990 yellow Omega mixed quite all the best parts avaible at that time : Grafton, Cook, Mavic headset, Profile... But the 1MB didn't got quality parts everywhere : Olympus is a really mid range groupo and Cannondale prefered some cheaper parts like Ritchey headset or Seatpost. It's why I prefered to upgrade some components like headset, brake calipers or seatpost Campagnolo branded. Next evolution : finding a campy Euclid or Centaur front mecht.
But Campagnolo was the first 8 gears groupo and I love the "Star Trek"
Design of the big brake levers. I got them both in black and classic grey. so I mixed them. Campagnolo was not the best in MTB : Shimano worked better and Suntour was very lightweight. But Campagnolo was really cool with that nice italian design touch

Latest posts

Back