American Breezer 1987 #0003

noka78

BoTM Winner
Hi mates,

in the last months i got the chance to buy a American Breezer from 1987 - the frame shows the number B0003

The condition is well used and the cable stops are missing, but i think we can reproduce these. In the making years from 1987-91 there was 3 versions of the cables stops - brazed on, revited and like mine screwed. Later more...

This is the set what i received from the seller.

At first it needs a wellness nurse program of cleaning and polishing, but i'll keep the patina - it shows only a few scratches and a little chainsuck. So it's a perfect project for a sensitive restoration

The original Koski fork is missing too, but 2 weeks ago i got a chromed one which needs a oxalic bath.

Here some nice details before i started...

with the words of the chainstay protection...it'll be a tuff build up with all original parts like in spec list paper from 1987 (from mombat.org)

hope to see you here again...cheers
Norman

Attachments

• 1987Breezer.jpg
    1987Breezer.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2,157
Re: American Breezer - one of the first ones

wow - great find ... may you have great fortune in landing all the right bits!

Re:

thanks, i had luck - some of the parts i had before on stock - the original Specialized Lamda saddle and a XT-Araya RM20 wheelset and some XT 730 stuff

Re:

Looking forward to this one taking shape! :cool:

I love Breezers!

Mike

and the job will do this Hite-Rite !

The headset is a Shimano 600.

I was thinking about the tires - a time correct pair of skinwalls could be from Specialized, Tioga or IRC.
At first i took the good old Ground Control and Extreme, but it seems to slimmy for these heavy rearstays.

But i found a fresh pair of Specialized Hardpacks in 2.2.

Last time i polished up the nice Amercian stem - love this welds, the salsa design and these special American decals !!

The temporary fork is a Durotec until the arrived Koski Duratrac.

The polishing is on a good way :D

Awesome. My favourite welds of all.

before and after

here we go :cool:

as next, to fit the Shimano 600 headset and the Shimano bottom bracket

Attachments

• polished.jpg
    polished.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,932

How did you polish? Autosol and "Never Dull" anything else? I have a Comp Lite that needs polishing...

Looks great :cool:

Back