1992 Kona Hahanna

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Popped over to the local tip to dump some stuff and am always drawn to the bike area, and again it didnt let me down, previously I picked up a Trek 950, and today this 1992 Kona Hahanna - 21" for £4.00, so I couldnt refuse! Although its in a state, a lot of original components apart from the front mech, front mech shifter and grips. Tires are original but very worn so I might fit slicks to it use it pure for the road.

These are the before photos as I then set too to give it an oil and tweak to see what needed doing. The stem was a but sized but eventually came out. the seat post was no problem at all, but the middle change ring was very worn and was slipping so I had another identical chainset but the original one was a right bugger to take off, the thread was crossed on the drive side so I had to lose that. Bottom bracket came out fine and everything was greased and tightened up.

I had a spare 26.4mm normal seatpost lying around so that been fitted. The front tire has a slow puncture.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 780
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 780
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 780
Re:

Wow, all i get from the tip is hassle and grief. If you part with it give us first dips, dont get many proper sized konas anymore :(

Re:

I will keep you in mind Longun as this might not be a keeper.

A photo taken earlier today.

Replaced the seatpost, and added a seat, and replaced the chainset. I've since changed the inner tube.

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 714
Back