Aende (the other one)

paddy311

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thought I would share some pics of my latest build.

I've had this frame for a couple of years, and have always left it at the back of the queue because a) it's too small for me ..... and b) It's got a dent in the top tube from a previous crash - so would never be suitable for a full on restoration without serious surgery. BUT - it is a seriously rare and pretty cool thing, so I always kept it

So fast forward to about a month ago - I decided I'd put it together as a present for a friend.

The frame had obviously seen a lot of action, and was covered in thick black powdercoat. So I had it chemically stripped (Wood Strip - Wolverhampton. £20 to strip the frame, fork and stem).

Next I had it lightly blasted and powdercoated clear

After collecting various parts together I built it up today. This is the finished article. I may change the brakes but other than that this is the final build. It's intended to be used, so all the wear parts are new, and the drivetrain is a mix of various shimano stuff - deore1 and 2, M732 xt and a few other bits and pieces. I wanted a bit of a vintage look to the finishing kit hence the brooks and a few other odds and sods.

And that's it ! Hope some of you like it, and thanks to the people on here who sorted me out with some of the parts.

That's looking great built up Paddy. I should have put money on you building it before I finished mine!

The black forks,stem and brakes fit really well with the naked frame in my opinion and the saddle is definitely right too.

Re:

Thanks gents - glad you like it. I'm pleased with how it's turned out.

I weighed it yesterday - came out at exactly 24lbs as you see it here - complete with the brooks, heavy un55 BB and HG41 cassette... and those puncture proof tyres. Pleasantly surprised with that :)

Back