Hooger Booger Comp LX

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I had no intention of buying yet another bike, but had seen this one for sale local to me, and a last minute eBay bid landed me with it :LOL:
Its big, seller said 23", I've not measured but more like 20" I think (don't think they made these in 23" size?). Mixture of LX running gear, DX front mech, and some XT levers/shifters, cockpit is all Zoom components, Tioga Surefoot pedals, and a useable set of Panaracer Smoke Lite tyres. Oh, and a Lycra covered saddle.... nice! :LOL:

Not a brand I've ever seen before, but some research revealed Scott as the parent company, and the Scott badge on the seat tube as well as Scott branded grips was a bit of a clue too ;)

Some info on the brand below, and a few pics.
No idea why I bought this, other than I liked its retro style, so will probably just give it a clean and regrease and ride it :)

Hooger Booger
Hooger Booger was the first company to build snowboards in Europe when it was started by Swiss riders José Fernandès and Antoine Massy in 1983. Hooger Booger is best remembered for introducing asymmetrical sidecuts to snowboarding.

In the late 80’s/early 90’s they were acquired by Scott. After branching out into producing mountain bikes, skateboards, roller skates and ******* monoskis and after a pointless renaming to the more succinct Hooger, the brand was eventually expunged from the Scott roster.
http://www.illicitsnowboarding.com/2012 ... d.html?m=1

http://www.snowboarder.com/featured/the ... QPIYktt.97

Attachments

• flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 663
Re:

I've seen a few of these for sale, but moved on as I hadn't heard of them. As you say, the retro styling is what drew me to have a look.

Look forward to see what you think of the ride Jim ;)

BTW, I can find a home for those forks, if you'd prefer a bit of bounce ;) :LOL:

Mike

Looks like a nice find, not one I've heard of either though. I have to say, the seller's description of a 23" frame looks about right, the height of the seat tube/top tube junction above the top of the rear wheel looks far too high to be a 20" frame. I've had a couple of 23" bikes before and yours looks broadly similar in size.

Back