1992 raliegh summit.......near original!!!

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
saw this on ebay and with being gate sized..............had to have it :twisted:

reminised for a week remembering the old catalogue scans and how "outdoors and rugged" they sold to me as. original plan was to swap the lx for some nice dx but......................it is far nicer than i expected!!! :D

as was when i got back from riding clipstone (bike was near worksopso rude not to)

only differences from catalogue spec are the saddle, which is going on the kona stool, tyres that will be used for a future commuter build and..................possibly the inner tubes :shock: everything else is their and in really good condition, just needs a good degrease and clean.

rockshox rs1's. always wanted a set. these needed a bit of air so carefully used a footy valve and my shock pump.

upside down maintainance scuffs :facepalm: ti bars though, shame theyre only 560mm :)

rear light will go on a commuter, eventually

not too worn lx, needs cleaning though, hubs are the same, gold tarnished on the flanges

swapped the saddle for a vetta, tyres for some smoke/dart 2's, sorted the saddle height and lever angles........and went for a ride with the sprog

"daddy, it needs period correct tyres and a seat!"

looking out for some green toe clip straps and i rek ill fit toe clips for normal duties, i have some dx spds for proper rides. feels really long so ill look for a shorter zoom stem.

chuffed to bits with it tbh, looks nice, rides nice and its gate sized!!!!

only definate things ill do are strip and clean the running gear and check the cables
:mrgreen:

Yes looks well man and yes them stems are long a bar and stem change will transform the looks and ride.:)

Re:

Great stuff :cool: Got to love an original.

Remember these being stonking value bitd. Lucky that the decals are still intact too as they're usually the first to go on this range.

Re:

Nice one brother!

What do you mean bars are ONLY 560? Standard size for me! :LOL: :LOL:

How do the forks feel? Not seen those before

Mike

Re:

Cheers dude, forks are okay, more nostalgia than performance. Unsure if id trust them like i do my modern pikes.

Re:

Agreed on the Pikes as had first ride out on mine today. Ace!

You've done well to get RS-1's as I'm sure they switched them to cheaper Mag 30's within that year.

Re:

Yup, well chuffed to have rs1's at last. Ordered a shorter zoom stem to lessen the stretch.

yup and its sooooooooooooooo much better :)

looks even better after it was cleaned ready for iconoclassic

longun":2kv2cn99 said:
yup and its sooooooooooooooo much better :)

looks even better after it was cleaned ready for iconoclassic

That's awesome :cool: so did you get hold of a NOS Zoom stem or just a decent one and any fresh pics now the stems been sorted ? ..

Back