Dream project - 1993 Yeti ARC finished pics on page 12

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So we have been away for two weeks and I came home to a few packages and a some delivery notes.

I had today off so ran round to all the different collection locations, here's the biggest box and a sneak peak at its contents :xmas-big-grin:

So well wrapped!!!

Re: Re:

DynaCol":3mngtq1q said:

It is indeed, 1993 Yeti ARC, my dream retro ride.

I've amassed most of the parts I need, those that aren't pictured are coming from my Fat Chance Shock a Billy which will be departing for new pastures.

Gil_m is supplying new frame decals :)

Wasn't sure if I'd need a raised stem so bought the ATAC as the frame came with the flat Ringle, going to need to use a shim for ATAC as its a 1 1/8" quill.

I'm using Turquouse Ringle hubbed wheels, bottle cage and Cook Bros cranks, I did try to find a matching seatpost but thought that may be too much. Luckily an NOS black one came up across the pond via here along with some Hyperlite bars. I did buy a silver pair of Hyperlites but think I'll use the black ones to balance out the seatpost.

Re: New project, I am very very happy :)

NOS Manitou 2, well nearly as the crown and steerer is a used one and although 1 1/4" threaded, way way too long.

Retro Spud":2872vqet said:
gotta love a good Yeti build, especially one with an accent of purple.. :D

Only purple is going to be the bit on the fork unless the Mrs's allows me to pinch the Ringle anti chain suck device she has on her Kona, I was going to look for one in blue but now you have me thinking ;)

Minifreak":2in5bzif said:
Retro Spud":2in5bzif said:
gotta love a good Yeti build, especially one with an accent of purple.. :D

Only purple is going to be the bit on the fork unless the Mrs's allows me to pinch the Ringle anti chain suck device she has on her Kona, I was going to look for one in blue but now you have me thinking ;)

Slippery slope that 3DV anno... Before you know where you are its got you so bad that resistance is futile...

I'm still coming to terms with my addiction(s).

Back