Show us your classic, retro, or vintage MTB

Greggster

Retro Newbie
Just to simplify things, let's have one thread to showcase photos of your Retro MTB's of any brand. Please include details of customization and usage.

Hmm kinda confused with this topic...What are we supposed to post here that is not already posted in -->1997 forum?

I've been riding MTB's since the late 80's. I recently inherited a modern hard tail, which is terrific, but I still like the simplicity of old-school steel bikes. Here's my CroMo Gary Fisher Tarpon, all stock.

Attachments

• Gary Fisher Tarpon Web.jpg
    Gary Fisher Tarpon Web.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 483
Dare":2sptloj6 said:
Hmm kinda confused with this topic...What are we supposed to post here that is not already posted in -->1997 forum?

I can't figure out the organization of the Retro MTB Forum – it's splintered by brands and minor topics that haven't aged well. I was looking for one thread with owner's bikes, regardless of brand, with anecdotes about customization and the places they ride.

Ok, so the readers MTB section (which you are in now) is for readers to post up their own bikes; whether it be just a few pics of a completed bike or a start to finish documentation of a full refurbishment. Sometimes people will have one thread for each of their bikes, sometimes they will have a thread with their entire collection in one place and sometimes people will post up a thread inviting others to share their own bikes - these threads usually have a theme, whether it be a specific brand, style of bike or whatever else. Hope that helps to clarify things?

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Back