Sutty24's bikes

sutty24

Retro Newbie
Well,

I've been looking on here for some time and have enjoyed a lot of the bikes around. I was always an Orange and Pace fan BITD, but my lowly funds meant I never got them. I will possibly at some point own a pace, that would be my dream.

I have always loved steel, I've had Explosif's and decent Diamond Backs and always loved them. My 2nd love has got to be GT's, and early ones at that, I still have both of these pictured, sadly the diamond back rotted from the inside out and has holes along the chainstay, its still built though.

GT Zaskar LE:-
Zaskar US made frame. Rock Shox Judy DH with englund air carts
Tioga Headset, Titec Ti Stem X-Lite Riser bars
Acor Seatpost, Titec Ti Railed seat (my fave, I have 5 of them)
Onza HO brakes with chill pills and ritchey Logic pads, X-Lite Chicken Stix levers (gold).
XT Cranks fr and rear mech with a crud roller, Xray gripshift. Gore cables.
Hope Ti Glide hubs with Mavic SUP 117 Ceramic rims (rear rim is now flaking). WTB Tyres (re-issue Smoke and dart coming soon).
Original XT SPD's

GT RTS 2:-
RTS 2 Frame, normal Noleen shock. Rock Shox Mag 21 LT
Tioga Headset and Tioga Alchemy stem X-Lite Ti Bars, Zoom ends
X-Lite seatpost and Titec Ti railed kevlar seat
Ritchey Logic Canti's LX shifters and levers
XT fr and rear mech, LX cranks with 44 Middleburn
Hope Ti-Glide hubs with Mavic 230 TIB rims (not sure on tyres)
Pity the top pivot has a crack appearing.

Diamond Back Apex:-

Spec list is nothing special, its all nearly standard.

Feel Free to comment, I have a 92 Kona explosif to post yet.

Attachments

• diamond back apex.jpg
    diamond back apex.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 935
  • gt rts2.jpg
    gt rts2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 935
  • gt zaskar.jpg
    gt zaskar.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 935
I like the Apex. I had its big brother, the Axis. Great bike. Orange71 has one on here.

The GT's both look well loved :cool:

Any idea what year that Apex is? I seem to remember one like that winning a MBUK rigid steel test around 1994/5/6 (!). A surprising amount of drool subsequently fell on those particular pages, and I've been after one ever since.

Nice RTS too - have one very similar. Shame about the crack, but you might be able to pick up a replacement frame fairly cheaply on here or eBay.

bikes

I think the bike was new in either 96-97. Its true temper tubing, which I reckon is better than Tange.

The RTS is on its 5th shock since new, luckily there is a guy selling them new on US ebay. The crack breaks my heart, this bike has seen many years of quality lakes, peak district and welsh hacking.

The Zaskar, is running sweet as, its a hardcore hardtail that loves being thrashed.

It's always a hard choice between my Sub 5 and the Zaskar.

Sutty

richwoodham":2r47dxe1 said:
Any idea what year that Apex is? I seem to remember one like that winning a MBUK rigid steel test around 1994/5/6 (!).

Its a 1994.

Back