1990 Alpinestars Cro Mega Lx

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to Brocklanders I now have a proper resto project on my hands :)

Plenty of areas of superficial rust and a very very dirty but completely original set of components.

A quick trial with a pan scrubber sponge and t cut have done wonders for the paintwork but now it's raining once again I'm back indoors typing this.

Front and rear mechs were stripped cleaned and rebuilt earlier as will every component on the bike.

I intended to take before and after pics which I still will when and if we get a dry evening, in the meantime you'll have to make do with my ramblings.

Re:

Actually I've just found this pic that Ed sent me prior to me taking delivery.

Attachments

• DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 671
Re:

yep, another alpinestars saved and ride-able!

Although on the heavy side, these 1990 models are smooth and forgiving, that's what i found anyway.
The pearly white is worth salvaging too. Original is always best. ;)

I did a build of the same model a couple of years back. The paint was goosed so i had it powdercoated with new decals. I went red rather than pink hoping it would fade anyway(regretted that really) as the powder LSN do is tough stuff. All the sandstone grit in yorkshire wouldn't hurt it, nor did i keep it long enough anyway!

Enjoy mate.

Re:

Tonight's project. Too far gone do you think?

Attachments

• 20160701_164127-800x450.jpg
    20160701_164127-800x450.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 610
Re:

Nah, that'll be fine. I'm watching with interest as I've had one in the garage for the last couple of years that I haven't started working on yet. :cool:

Re:

As good as I cam get it. Not sure I can use it.

Attachments

• 20160701_183122-600x1067.jpg
    20160701_183122-600x1067.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 604
Re:

Somewhere in the depths of me shed I have a similar item. One with a plastic coated lever, nice and clean. almost nos

want a pic?

Latest posts

Back