94/95 Fuquay

bennz

Dirt Disciple
Hey - I worked at Yellow Jersey Chalk Farm before coming back to New Zealand. While there I got Greg to build me this frame. 10 years down the track it's still going strong with pretty much original parts. About to go for a respray next week - i blew the forks and found some old 1" spinners to put on it so it'll be british racing green all over.

Chris at the shop had a smiths crisps crispy bacon packet coloured road bike and the mechanic (name.. name... shit can't remember) had a green one similar to mine.

Here some pics of mine - I'll post some more later

Attachments

• 2003_0113AA.JPG
    2003_0113AA.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 3,676
  • 2003_0114AA.JPG
    2003_0114AA.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 3,676
more fuquay pix

as promised

first is me with my new bike - taken 8 years before the pictures above - sad how little it's been ridden

second is Nathan (remembered his name now) on his own fuquay getting some air out from under the workshop at chalk farm yellow jersey

Attachments

• bfq.JPG
    bfq.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,674
  • nath.JPG
    nath.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 3,674
Cool pics Bennz,

Whereabouts in NZ are you, I recently emigrated from the UK to Welly! :D

Rich

Awesome...here the riding down there is pretty cool...I'm still to hack around here but can't wait till my Pace is up and running!

Rich

pace huh - my buddy derek has a few pace forks.

I better not tell you the standing joke we had at yellow jersey in chalk farm in '94....

We were pretty daming of british component makers and called the them the triumvirate of hope-less, use-less and middle of the road!

Still my middleburn cranks are still going strong - hope is still makiing great gear so maybe we were wrong.

It's great to see a few fuquay's still around too!

Hehe,

I better not show you my bike then, it's pretty much all UK manufacturers kit...! :oops:

Hehe

nah that's all good - i've softened in the past decade - hell if we were sensible we'd all just go and buy marins or kona or something from the bike supermarkets!

heres some more pics of the fuquay

some more - taken just before going for blasting

Attachments

• 'dillo tough!.JPG
    'dillo tough!.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,597
Progress

Here goes the Fuquay - post repaint and with most bits on. Just waiting for some NOS Pederson self energizing brakes to turn up from flea bay - and toying with the idea of getting a full set of Mathauser brakes shoes to go on it as well - and then I'll be all go

New stickers where courtesy of Greg Fuquay via Yellow Jersey in Chalk Farm (from the owner, my old boss Dave Scott of Spizzenergi/Where's Captain Kirk? fame)

Attachments

• P1000122.JPG
    P1000122.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 3,527
  • P1000123.JPG
    P1000123.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 3,527
  • P1000124.JPG
    P1000124.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,527
Back