Ultimate Birthday! (YETI)

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
So I read my email on the morning of my birthday. Email was sent late the night before and I hadn't seen. It was from a fellow retro buddy I've been pestering and nudging on and off for the past few years since sharing some photos of his recent acquisition. Was in love with it the second I saw it and it was the perfect size and almost perfect build with all the right mandatory parts the way I'd want it, and the colour was spot on. Pestering became more persistent when he added a second such bike to his collection which was also great but wasn't quite my colour and slightly bigger size.

So a flurry of emails persisted back and forth, and of course clearly no work done at the office for me for that morning! Eventually a price was agreed upon, details of payment was settled and the deal was done! Then the painful wait for the weekend to come as there was no convenient way to make it out to him during the week to complete the transaction and pick-up the bike. But finally the day arrived.

So was it worth the wait??? HELL YA! :cool:

Attachments

• DSC03085.JPG
    DSC03085.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 2,657
  • DSC03084.JPG
    DSC03084.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,657
  • DSC03083.JPG
    DSC03083.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,657
  • DSC03082.JPG
    DSC03082.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,657
  • DSC03079.JPG
    DSC03079.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,657
Re: Ultimate Birthday!

Great score Frank. Good things come to those.....

Very nice from what I can see. I'd swap a whole lot of tasty retro to get my hands on a top notch Yeti rider :)

more photos to come, but would like to sort out some changes and a small issue before doing that. bike has been stored the last few years and tyres were flat when i picked it up. when i went to pumped up the tyres after i got it home and swapped the QR skewers, i found the dishing on the rear wheel is out of wack and the tyre rubbing against the frame on the non-drive side. going to have a go at re-dishing the wheel myself.

also want to change out the brown headset currently on there. it's totally out of place with the rest of the build. not sure what brand/model it is. originally thought it was a Chris King from the photos, as those are the only ones i could think of coming in anodized colours. but now seeing it in person, i'm thinking not. :?

also need to sort out flipping the Answer Hyperlite handlebar around, as currently the logos are upside down. i went to try to remove the grips off the bar, but i couldn't slip a zip tie in between and i found some residue on the bar. grips have been hairsprayed on so it'll probably be a challenge to remove them. hopefully i can get it off intact without issue. as i'd like to re-use them and keep them on the bike as they are a nice colour match to the frame, and i don't really want to go through the trouble of finding another set.

rear hub sounds a little rough, does anyone have any guide/tips on servicing them? such as do they use sealed bearing cartridges, or loose ball bearings? is it easy to disassemble?

Cool! Belated happy birthday and a great present to yourself :cool:

Very nice indeed - signing in for updates :)

Very nice bike! About the grips have you tried an injection needle filled with water and than inject the water between the bar and the grips? Works very good!

Back