Klein Pulse Splatterpaint build finished!

generallee

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've finally got round to finishing this Klein build...
Many thanks to Gordon Manitou916 for the framest and drivetrain, and the countless hours of help!
Also thanks to everyone else on Retrobike who sorted me with wheels, bars, etc etc, I couldn't have done it without you. Huge thanks to my pal Taylor for the lovely splatter paint job - I love the small specks on the gloss white, looks so good!

I'm not sure if this is 95, 96 or 97, so I stuck it in here, apologies if it's in the wrong place. I've always loved Kleins, all ages and models, even the late 90s ones, and wanted to do a fun build without a huge budget. I hope you like the pics too!
XT gears inc Thumbshifters, XT brakes, Smoke/Dart tyres, Araya RM17 rims on XT hubs, alloy forks and Fred Salmon bar/stem painted to match, (even headset spacers! ), Turbo seat, Bontrager post, Wellgo beartraps.

Before:
index_zpse26u0oxo.jpg

And after:
K4_zps6j5e5jat.jpg

K3_zpsm8wy7i2i.jpg

K2_zpsjhmwgt6k.jpg

Finished:
Pulse5_zpsik82filx.jpg

Pulse1_zpshlnfiyxw.jpg

Pulse2_zpskbc8hxad.jpg

Pulse3_zpsu4nh8m8c.jpg

Pulse4_zpsjnohmlv5.jpg

Re: Klein Pulse Splatterpaint

reminds me of the graffiti paint job.

Brilliant job... :cool:

pulse comp/race/pro from 97 at a glance.

Brilliant. Nice job well done. ;)

For completeness: This frame is a Pulse comp. Because of the cables running outside the frame. The Pulse and Pulse II frames had internal cable routing.
Serial number under the bb might give you the year.

Thias":3ahqo5zh said:
Brilliant. Nice job well done. ;)

For completeness: This frame is a Pulse comp. Because of the cables running outside the frame. The Pulse and Pulse II frames had internal cable routing.
Serial number under the bb might give you the year.

Its certainly for the 97 model year, the comp/race and pro all shared the same frame different paint, top routed cables, gradient tubing, rear end made in Chehalis, front welded in Winsconsin.

Thanks for the comments and the info on age, it was fun getting this one up and built!
My only problem is, I only really have room for one retro bike at a time... and want to build another... so this may go up for sale to fund and make space for a new project!

Back