Muddy Fox Courier Comp

AyJay

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,
New to this site so saying hello. I have just acquired a Muddy Fox Courier Comp from way back when I did a little MTB racing. It is in good condition but needs a little TLC to bring it back to how it once was. 1989 I think. Looking forward to the challenge and also becoming part of your community.

Attachments

• WP_20160602_20_14_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160602_20_14_12_Pro.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 955
Yep i think that certainly is an 89 and the paint work on these bikes is well cool imho i'll have another 88 fox soon enough as i use to have a 88Explorer with the rear brake fitted to the underside of the chainstays bitd and then swapped it for a saracen :facepalm: and Saracens were great bikes but the fox has so much more character imo ..

Any way welcome aboard mate so are you just after restoring your to it's original condition or just want it road worthy again as either way once you've started and put abuild or rest thread up people will only to glad to help ;) ..

Many thanks for your welcome. The first thing is to get it ready for the road. It is OK now but I am a little fussy with adjustments to saddle height and handlebar position etc.
It needs a good clean and check over first. Would love to restore it to the original spec. in time. I will need to source various bits to do that and I am hoping to get advice on that from here please.

Fair enough mate so just get road worthy for now and as for original parts am not to certain if they were shimano or suntour but heres a link to an old 88 model which is none original but will give you an idea of a possible route of parts otherwise you could put a post up asking for advice on parts and try searching the tinternet ,

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234226

I have a really soft spot for these bikes. My son had the same model as this for his first real MTB. It was bought new in 1989 and had shimano parts. Oh the memories!

I have a bit of a soft spot four them to mate and glad you can confirm that the parts were Shimano as they will be so much easier to get hold of and yes you couldn't of got your son a nicer 1st MTB well that's my opinion and it looks like your son really loved it going by your brief comment so is the paint work as good as it looks in the pics or is it hiding the odd bit of rust which is never really much on these tbh ..

The frame is very good. No rust with good paintwork apart from one very small area which has been badly touched up. Yes we both have fond memories. It is 27years old and still a good ride now. Needs a really good clean and inspection. I will get started on it hopefully next week.

I have looked at your bike again and unless i've missed anything i'd say it had the original parts on which is just awesome and tbh honest i'm going to get a none comp model from the previous year which is a totally different setup with Suntour parts which i'm just itching to get hold of but can't ride it for a few weeks any way .

Any how mate your Muddy sounds and looks great and i can't wait to see you sort it out for the road so i'll be keeping track of your progress ..

Cheers for that. I will keep you posted. Watch this space as they say! A couple more photos, more to follow as I progress.

Attachments

• WP_20160602_20_14_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160602_20_14_21_Pro.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 914
  • WP_20160602_20_14_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160602_20_14_34_Pro.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 914
Back