Miyata Elevation 5,000

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
The last 8 years a 1991 Panasonic MC-Comp has been my rider. A very reliable bike. The Panasonic leaves nothing to be desired, but nevertheless I decided to build a second rider and here it is: a mid 90s Miyata Elevation 5,000.

Well, actually it is not a Miyata Elevation 5,000. It is a 1995 Koga-Miyata Explosion. As the original decals were damaged and as most of my bikes are Kogas, I thought it would be fun to stick Miyata decals on the frame. The Explosion is the same frame as the Elev5K, so why not? Gil M helped me out with the decals.

The frame is a full aluminium bonded construction with Delta Force Monostay etc. More here >> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/Elevation_5,000

The fork is a Miyata BigChamp.

Part specifications:
Shimano XT
Tioga T-bone Prestige stem
Syncros Gorilla bar
AC boosters
Roox post
Flite

All proper functioning quality stuff. Simple, no gimmicks.

26656455733_538ec90aa7_b.jpg

Seat cluster, monostay, AC booster:

27164974732_60bc77ae60_c.jpg

Old WildGripper to protect the chainstay:

26986625500_0220790750_c.jpg

Re:

That's a nice clean build. Beautiful colour.
Until what year were these forks used by Koga?

The fork is a NOS example for the 1991 Koga Miyata SkyRunner Carbolite model. It is built with Miyata's own Hardtlite tubing. For 1992 Miyata introduced a new bonded aluminium fork. Still durable, but more comfortable and lighter. So 1991 was the last year for the BigChamp in the Koga line up.

In kingroon's thread you see the fork fitted in the SkyRunner >>> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=357226

Miyata US kept on using it for their 1992 line up. In 1992 the Elevation 5,000 was introduced and it had this BigChamp model fork fitted. So the fork is correct with this frame.

Thx. It is a Michelin Wildgripper chainstay protector. I have this solution on more bikes. It is environmental friendly (recycling), economical and very robust.

Back