1993 Klein Rascal rescue

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Time for another refurb project :)

Here's how it was originally:

Stripped and ready to start cleaning

The plan is to get it back closer to what it should be like, the RockShox are mechanically fine so will be going back on, the front XT canti will be reinstalled and early XT mech replacing the M737 that was on there. It'll be keeping the 8 speed XT shifters as they just need a good de gunk and look similar to what it would have run. Going back to 7 speed with a set of XT M732 hubbed wheels with ceramic rims which should arrive soon.

Looking forward to this build :)

Dug out some appropriate bits:

XT M735 rear mech
XT M735 pedals
XT brake pads
Perforated Turbo saddle
Ti crank bolts

Mission Control bar/stem and RockShox brace looking as shiny as I can get them again.

Having pulled the forks apart, the RockShox Kryptonic elastomers seem in good order as do the seals. Thank god for shock boots. As with all repainted Mag forks, the paint isn't perfect, not even Klein managed to prep the material properly. Still they are original to the bike and will still look great and work.

Signing in!

Isn't it interesting that those anti chainsuck plates did not work at all? Or is it the owners, that did not care to adjust them properly?
My Pulse has those nasty marks, too. Its a shame...

I'd be interested to know what you had to pay for this nice set. (PM please if you don't want to talk in public ;))

Thias":2xg0sj9v said:
Signing in!

Isn't it interesting that those anti chainsuck plates did not work at all? Or is it the owners, that did not care to adjust them properly?
My pulse has those nasty signs, too. Its a shame...

I'd be interested to know what you had to pay for this nice set. (PM please ;))

I bought this from its second owner, both being local. The gent informed me he had received it minus the anti chain suck plate, no doubt it had been taken off to save weight :facepalm:
The replacement is a homemade acrylic one. I have a purple bolt on Ringle one but the Mrs wants it.

PM on way.

Muddy paw":e7xnhkq1 said:
Signing in as i reallylove these bikes coool ! .

Felt as I was on a role in finishing your MF Courier I should crack on with this. It may be too small for me really but can't wait to take it out for an all day ride :)

Minifreak":243428o1 said:
Muddy paw":243428o1 said:
Signing in as i reallylove these bikes coool ! .

Felt as I was on a role in finishing your MF Courier I should crack on with this. It may be too small for me really but can't wait to take it out for an all day ride :)

Way to go Tim and why not indeed while your hyped up as i always found it gave me a buzz so crack on mate and enjoy the process ;).

Getting back to how nature intended ;)

Need to find a 1" silver locknut and washer for the headset although the red Gripnut is doing a fine job.

Back