Koi but not a carp or pond in sight.

Tomahawk kid

BoTM Winner
Well Ive always wanted a Klein for yonks, the legendary handling, fat alu tubing & the outstanding paintwork have always appealed to me but have always been out of my price range. Boredom, impulse & a few beers can do strange things to a person I awoke to find I'd become the owner of a 1997 Klein Adroit In Koi colour way & last Saturday found my self travelling to pick up my flea bay win.

Attachments

• adroit resize.jpg
    adroit resize.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,740
Jea! I like that paint scheme. Have it on my Mantra, too.
That Adroit is a nice frame, too. Still has all the "true Klein" features. I like them.

Will you do something about the fork?

Thias":il0khctq said:
Will you do something about the fork?

I took the black electrical tape off which was concealing some bad flaking around the brace & fork dropouts, when I removed the fork lowers & shock boots it reveal that the stanchions where worn & pitted , the internals seem ok though so 'll keep them, Ideally 'd like the MC2 & fork lowers painted to match the frame.

The rest of the components have been removed , not much worth keeping as you can see.

Re: Re:

34henry3w":1v0iup0r said:
thats pretty much that last real klein..always liked it.

needs m950 stat!

Thanks for the reply dude, M950 is defo an option , but I want to use as little of the Japanese giant as possible.

Re: Re:

Stylus":3vlb04q8 said:
Nice! I know 'cause ive got one ;)

I really cant wait to ride it, had a pedal for about 50 meters when I bought it, its now stripped of all its components except the forks as I need a MC2 spanner for the headset. Really looking forward to this refurb/rebuild & I'm going to try to do it justice with minimal shimano input.

Back