NOS 1996 Klein Adroit Build - DONE :)

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've have a bunch of new projects to post and old ones to update now that I'm back in my little workshop wrenching away. Here's a decent start ...

This is a NOS 1996 Klein Adroit (Adroit-itude) I got from a friend down south. It was once built up as a show bike in a shop, but it's never rolled. The whole bike has 3 tiny marks on it, and I put two of em on it :LOL:

The plan: get the MC2 and Judy lowers paint matched and build the heck out of it ;)

It's shiny!

Re:

Very nice Jimi, and a worthy project. Kleins have such bright ride characteristics (and paint!). Can't wait to see how she turns out!

Re: NOS 1996 Klein Adroit Build :)

It should be quite the dream bike. Gonna try velo colour in Toronto to paint match. If not, it'll go across the pond to Mr. Rock.

Debating about the bling. Def some blue - just a matter of how much.

Re:

hey,

you might want to just get some used judy xc lowers with new bushings and brace to paint instead of doing the nos yellow sl ones..i could hook you up.

Re: Re:

34henry3w":lkvleog4 said:
hey,

you might want to just get some used judy xc lowers with new bushings and brace to paint instead of doing the nos yellow sl ones..i could hook you up.

I have a bunch of Judy lowers somewhere. I want to see the NOS ones apart anyway - even if they are new the elastomers could have deteriorated over he last 20 years.

Thanks though :)

Re:

cool if you use old ones make sure to replace the upper and lower bushings...want to keep those stanchions minty!..:)

Re:

Small update ...

Looked into getting the fork legs and mc2s paint matched. It appears as though I have a choice between long $$$ and a short wait overseas/down south or short(er) $$$ and a long wait locally to get the job done.

I'm on a waiting list to get the work done now.

In the meantime I decided to put some FSX fork legs on the thing. The elastomers and the Judy were all melted - ugh crappy job. Just about done the swap now. Looks pretty good.

Re:

Some debate among my fellow mtb nerds ...

So far people like the carbon legs over the matched painted look.

Re:

Um - That frame would look good if you shoved two short sections of an old hockey stick in there, instead of proper forks. Once the lowers are painted, though, it'll be right stunning!

Re: Re:

k-rod":1an9i7qh said:
Um - That frame would look good if you shoved two short sections of an old hockey stick in there, instead of proper forks. Once the lowers are painted, though, it'll be right stunning!

:LOL: - probably right there.

Back