1992 Rocky Mountain stratos.

Chriscross

Dirt Disciple
Hi retro-lovers,

I would like to show you my recently purchased 1992 RMB Stratos in original state
The guy who sold it was the first owner and did not ride it very much..luky for me he stored it dry and clean.
It stil has all the original parts on it and has just some chips in the paint, but is in a very nice condition.
The original back tire is a bit dried out, as are the rear brake pads, other than that it rides fine.
Shifters are great as well as the other parts!
Can you tell me if the cranks (Sugino forged) are original, the seller said the are, but i have my doubts..

Last picture is with its brother, a 2000 Instinct.;-)

Re:

Nope....Deore DX crank. Sugino is too new. The seat also isn't original either. But refer to the archive section for full spec breakdown!

Nice bike!

close, but no cigar i'm afraid. here's what it SHOULD have been completely stock. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67887

sadly it was too MINT and found a tad too SMALL for me to keep and ride, so it was sold on. :(

details in catalogue scans i have online, linked in my sig below! ;)

Thanks for the reply!
Then only the cranks and saddle are not stock, The saddle is a Vetta, but not the same as in the folder.
I have a M900 crank, that i can put on it...and XTR canti's...but rather leave it original as possible..
Think Iam going to search for the DX cranks..saddle is going to be hard to find..
Mine has a 20 inch frame, it is okay for me, but i would rather have an 18" but what can i say..

But i really love the looks of this bike, it is so pretty!

Grtz Chris

RockiMtn":3kagaqzu said:
close, but no cigar i'm afraid. here's what it SHOULD have been completely stock. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67887

sadly it was too MINT and found a tad too SMALL for me to keep and ride, so it was sold on. :(

details in catalogue scans i have online, linked in my sig below! ;)

Re: Re:

I guess the saddle was changed when bought for some reason, because it is a 1992 saddle so it says..

Chickenball":2ytoye32 said:
Nope....Deore DX crank. Sugino is too new. The seat also isn't original either. But refer to the archive section for full spec breakdown!

Nice bike!

Back