1986 Harry Hall All Terrain, yes all of it.

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
...I dunno.

Its another mid 80's obscurity. I've found 3 on the interweb so far and all traced back to RB. Nicely put together ubiquitous 531 All Terrain tubing. A sprinkling of early Shimano MTB/ touring stuff and a great colour scheme.

1986 and made for the shop? Made by the shop?

Picking it up tomorrow so expect 'live' pictures soon

$_57.JPG

Re:

looking forward to seeing what you do with this mark, any initial thoughs?

will you put some cantis on and change the handlebars?

the headset looks interesting - is it a stronglight or something like that?

Re: Old Harry's game or Hall of fame or or or... Harry Hall ATB

Harry Hall's is a Manchester shop as I'm sure you are aware. Spent a lot of near-youthful daydreaming time in there so have a soft spot for anything HH. Have bought one of these previously but moved it on as it was too small. Not sure they will have built ATBs but in the 60/70's they did build road bikes. I'd guess these came from Leeds - will compare with the Jackson I have in the shed. If/when you want to sell/swap I'll be interested...

Its here, its a bit faded but VERY nice. Lots of mud clearance for the rear. Nicely built with good quality parts to finish it off such as the Tange Levin headset and crusty Tioga Farmer Johns.

Mr. K. I'll have a few weeks with it, it will be too small for you but it will still be good to look at as a window into ATB's 30 years past. Let me have a think on it .

Pics in a wee while.

Re:

Nice colour scheme. If that was mine I would do a tribute to Her Maj and attach some bunting and flags for her up and coming 90th biffday. :)

Attachments

• harry hall.jpg
    harry hall.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 2,060
  • harry1.jpg
    harry1.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 2,060
  • harry2.jpg
    harry2.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 2,060
  • harry3.jpg
    harry3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,060
  • harry4.jpg
    harry4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,060
  • harry5.jpg
    harry5.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,060
Re:

Is it TIG welded?

I didn't think you could weld 531, I thought it was only suitable for brazing.

You're right Cheez - looks the same size as the one I parted with. One day a man sized HH and a Clockwork will come my way...!

Latest posts

Back