orange work bike!! retro-ish for work! now finished!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so, some of you may know, got this off scant a while back, just got it back from the powder coaters, only put it in on friday!!!! :shock: :D

basically it's gonna be built for commuting although i am gonna use normalish tyres coz i can detour off road after work, wanted it coz it's aluminium so it won't rust outside over the winter.

the plan is to have it retro-ish, basically whatever is lying around!! which should still be deore/lx/xt 9speed and lx/xt v's, please ignore the fork, it sucks but it'll do till i find something appropriate! :)

i apologise to those of you who said i should not have had it painted but i hate to start with a beat up frame, if it is a little bit nice i'm alot more likely to clean it and over the winter that wil be very important! in the pics the new colour looks blue but i assure you it is like a cadbury's purple and the stickers are from evil blag, they'll do!!

will add more pics as i build it! :D

Attachments

• orange renovation 035resize.jpg
    orange renovation 035resize.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,410
  • aluminium o 001resize.jpg
    aluminium o 001resize.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,410
localpowdercoater special? is it a RAL colour?

the ebay decals look somewhat disappointing - i suppose for the money you can't argue too much though.

haven't got a clue about the ral colour but in the flesh the paint looks fine, the stickers are ok, the same ebay seller had p7 stickers in a similar style to what was on the bike originally, i might get those and re do it, obviousley without the actual p7 sticker! how bad would that be? p7 sticker on an O! wrong!

think i just threw up a little! :D

can't remember the seller but they always come up if you chuck in "orange mountain bikes" which is what i usually check for. problem is they're doing stickers for the modern (threw up abit again!) bikes so i had to make do with "5" stickers to get something i liked although i wanted the logo sticker to be bigger, but they'll do for now.

Give Orange a bell and get ya self a set of the Prestige decals, they'd look cool. :cool: (Without the 'Prestige' bit!).

Otherwise, looking good.

always thought that aluminum - sorry, aluminium O was a bit weird looking - the rear end is heavy, with crude dropouts.

the steel ones are pretty.

Tallpaul":3r1dx811 said:
Colour looks good; please, please, please get Gil to do you some proper repro decals :)

No offence meant..... but those newer decals really don't work :D

Jonnyboy... PM me your details and I'll get some proper "O" graphics to you.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

boy "o" boy got me some stickers!!! top bloke!!!!! i doff my cap to you sir!!

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

hope this makes everyone as happy about getting rid of the other stickers as i am!!!

Attachments

• orange rebuild 004resize.jpg
    orange rebuild 004resize.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,151
Back