Orange 'Wonkwork' 1998

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Hello everybody

This was my second half decent bike (after an early flirtation with a Proflex 856) and I put many miles on it as a commuter.

I then moved to London an it languished it my mums shed.

Wind on lots more years and mum was moving house so I collected it and posted it on here under the Clocky thread.

I nice chap showed a keen interest so I sold it on, with a heavyish heart, as I really didn't need it any more.

The nice chap had very keen eyes and noticed a slight bow in the top tube so a refund was issued and the Clocky was collected.

Sooo...

I can't sell it again but as I'd ridden it for years with the bow it doesn't bother me.

Time for a rebuild then...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,022
Re:

More bacon...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,880
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,880
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,880
Re:

Few more steps forward than just this parts accumulation but no pics!

Have a soft spot for Fred Salmon parts and this build is the perfect middle of the road vessel for them!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,740
Fred is underrated :? Probably should have come up with a better trade name.

And maybe dropped the fish :LOL:

I reserve judgement on putting it on a clockwork though :LOL:

Re:

That bowing must be barely perceptible. It's probably a blessing that you've been reunited with your Clockwork. Mine was locked in a damp cellar at my parents' place for 13 years or so before it saw the light of day again. Look forward to seeing the build up...

dyna-ti":271op36q said:
Fred is underrated :? Probably should have come up with a better trade name.

And maybe dropped the fish :LOL:

I reserve judgement on putting it on a clockwork though :LOL:

Ha!

Always enjoy feedback (I'm especially not precious about my builds!), clockwork too good for the parts or vice versa?

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":2l0o4dq9 said:
That bowing must be barely perceptible. It's probably a blessing that you've been reunited with your Clockwork. Mine was locked in a damp cellar at my parents' place for 13 years or so before it saw the light of day again. Look forward to seeing the build up...

Agreed!

A metal ruler was needed to spot it.

Either way he didn't want to keep it so it turned out for the best!

Re: Re:

WWC":2d01u9zv said:
groovyblueshed":2d01u9zv said:

Agreed!

A metal ruler was needed to spot it.

Either way he didn't want to keep it so it turned out for the best!

My eyesight is quite poor yet I did spot the wonky tube, the steel rule just used to better demonstrate in the pictures.
I'm sure it's not an issue- just not what I wanted for my build.
I've pulled up a chair and looking forward to seeing the colourfull Fred Salmon special completed. I might even be a little jealous :D

Re:

Now you mention it Spencer, regards your eyesight, I do remember when you arrived to inspect the bike you were wearing something along the lines of these glasses and I had to hold your white stick while you spent 5 mins looking over a large pot plant before I pointed you towards the Clockwork…

…I’m joking of course!

I’m sure your eyesight is somewhere between ‘quite poor’ and of a standard acceptable to the DVLA!

What do you think of the colour choices by the way?

I can’t remember what you said your plans would have been? Black LX?

Either way something more tasteful that the primary colours I’ve gone for!

Have you kept looking or even found one? I saw a orange/white fade on ebay for £65 the other day…

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,590
Back