Serotta Content - 1992 T Max Project DONE :)

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I have been hearing I need to try a Serotta from a bunch of my fellow bike nerds for a while. I caved ...

Here's my new 1992 (+/- a yr) Serotta T Max. I had planned on doing a full repaint prior to its arrival but it looks better than expected.

I've got a few projects in the go ... What's another right??

Re:

Love the colour. The T Max....stiff, fast, amazing handling and a bike I still can't get out of my head after I sold it over 20yrs ago. It needs a Mag 21 though to soften the ride, unless you want a super fast commuter. Wonder what you are gonna hang on it. :cool:

Re:

I like the colour more than I expected. It doesn't photograph well, but it's actually metallic black and metallic purple with neon yellow lettering. It's pretty fun.

Before it came and I was dead set on a refresh I wanted to do one of these:

Fav being that neon orange to pink with the green lettering. Still may go there.

I've got lots of stuff to go on it. Might try some turquoise on it ... I've got some trick black bits to. I will probably keep in rigid no matter what. I have some rigid tange and bonty forks if I really want it harsh ;)

Re: Serotta Content - 1992 T Max Project

If you were keen to go down the 'team' colour scheme (yellow/pink/orange) in the bottom right photo, I have a near mint one hanging from a rafter in my garage. Can take some pics and measurements for respray purposes.

rrrroberts":26lfn18p said:
If you were keen to go down the 'team' colour scheme (yellow/pink/orange) in the bottom right photo, I have a near mint one hanging from a rafter in my garage. Can take some pics and measurements for respray purposes.

[ears perk up] :D pm coming

Re:

Have replied to pm, seems to be sitting in outbox. If you don't get a reply I'll try again

Lovely singletrack bike, climbs like hell. They are stiff, but are not suspension adjusted so to fit some would take away the beautiful handling. Close to road bike geometry, not a ride all day bike. I bought some suspension forks but couldn't bring myself to fit them.

Re: Re:

rrrroberts":5v7yj2as said:
Have replied to pm, seems to be sitting in outbox. If you don't get a reply I'll try again

Lovely singletrack bike, climbs like hell. They are stiff, but are not suspension adjusted so to fit some would take away the beautiful handling. Close to road bike geometry, not a ride all day bike. I bought some suspension forks but couldn't bring myself to fit them.

They stay in your outbox until the recipient opens them ;)

A T-Max is still on my wanted list. Hard to find in the short arse sizes though :LOL:

PM replied - maybe you can post some pics on here? It sounds like a very very nice bike :)

rrrroberts":3epcr0b4 said:

This thread is making me go all misty eyed for another one of these. The U.K. distributor iirc, came into the main shop with an ex Team race bike like the pink/yellow one. It had black Grafton Speed Controllers etc on it :D I harassed him into selling it to me. There really was something special about the ride and handling of the T Max. It felt like it had zero energy loss, very stiff yet lovely to ride with amazing handling. It had a unique kinda sound when the cable and brake parts jangled against the tubes. Hard to describe but strangely reassuring and pleasant.

Yes please to more pictures.

M-Power":2x76obxa said:
rrrroberts":2x76obxa said:

This thread is making me go all misty eyed for another one of these. The U.K. distributor iirc, came into the main shop with an ex Team race bike like the pink/yellow one. It had black Grafton Speed Controllers etc on it :D I harassed him into selling it to me. There really was something special about the ride and handling of the T Max. It felt like it had zero energy loss, very stiff yet lovely to ride with amazing handling. It had a unique kinda sound when the cable and brake parts jangled against the tubes. Hard to describe but strangely reassuring and pleasant.

Yes please to more pictures.

I know a guy with a few if you ride a 52 :D

I'm leaning towards keeping it as is - as long as I can find the right touch up paint ;)

Looking like XC Pro :D

Back