Monolith resurrection

Monolith

Dirt Disciple
The bike has been with me since 1992, it's been apart, stripped to frame only. And missing the original fork sent for service but never came back. So it's out of storage and the rebuild starts this week.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 1,090
Re:

Hey wait no... :LOL:
Btw these frames really do need the rebound fork. Frame or fork have that "missing something" look on their own

Re:

The front Ringle wheel didn't fare so well in storage. The rear Machine Tech seemed to be OK.

Attachments

• Ringle.JPG
    Ringle.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Machine Tech.JPG
    Machine Tech.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,011
Re:

And this was taken in 1992, outside a house in Oceano, near Cambria where I bought this from.

Attachments

• Monolith.jpg
    Monolith.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,012
That is just a crazy looking but very cool machine. A really great project :)

Shame about the Ringle but better now than a catastrophic failure whilst your riding it.

Re:

It's a pretty specific rebuild. It's needs the short Avids in the rear and I still have yet to find the brakes as well as the shortened alley key to fit.

First snag, I bought a decent Rebound fork off an excellent seller here, but forgot to check the size - the Rebounds were made with different length shock tubes and corresponding steerers. Now reaching out to other owners to try to find the correct sized Rebound.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 929
Back