HED Yeti/Ringle Cross-Country Part Deux

Smithjss70

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally got this sweet wheelset finished up. The rims are laced with Sapim CX-Ray bladed spokes that are extremely close to the weight and certainly the look of the original titanium Wheelsmith bladed spokes spec'd for the Ti-Stix slotted hubs BITD. These are equally light but I expect somewhat fragile by today's standard.

The Ringle Super Eight and Super Bubba were NOS along with the matching QR Twisters and M900 rear hub. New decals compliments of Manitou916 and the "Made in USA" doughnut decal around the air valve hole was mocked up by Gil from a survivor rim I had available (He has the artwork on file now for anyone needing a replacement set). The hoops are finished off with a nice wrap of fresh Velox for good measure. Thanks also to Nick "elite504" for his guidance on spoke selection. Have an enjoyable Easter weekend all.

vG9HBA.jpg

fOWMCn.jpg

QxOYyh.jpg

gdV8XO.jpg

9hIcVm.jpg

lbQ8l0.jpg

Went ahead and mounted up to some skinwalls to see how they look.

Pretty pleased I must say.

KsPlU0.jpg

MWjEMB.jpg

ose4Kr.jpg

pZxp1T.jpg

Will likely mount some FROs once I determine exactly what Yeti build these will go on.

Re:

Get that smoke / dart logo lined up with at least one of the decals please... it’s hurting my OCD

Re: Re:

boxxer":3ctvs20h said:
Get that smoke / dart logo lined up with at least one of the decals please... it’s hurting my OCD

Boxxer

Speaking of smoke, are you high? Tire logos should line up with air valves not decals. Form follows function man. Wake up. :D :facepalm:

Jason

Back