Alas...A Tioga Disk Drive Pro

Smithjss70

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally found some NOS disks but they were missing the essential hardware (hub bolts, nipples, screws and and the sweet little nipple wrench). Fortunately, through scouring the internets, I sourced some hardware by Sugino who manufactured TDDs for Tioga BITD. I bought most everything the vendor had which should be enough another three wheels long term.

svuWZV.jpg

I went with a new M900 hub and a black Mavic M231CD. When I got everything needed to have it built one name came to mind and that was Steve Gravenites. "Gravy" is an old school wheel builder from Marin county who worked with Ned, Tinker, Giove, Deaton and Rockwell assembling the very best wheels possible.
http://www.gravywheels.com/

I'm a pretty big fan of his work and have followed him since the mid 80s when I first got into MTB. With that, I had him apply a couple of special touches to my first TDD. Enjoy!

HJJGF5.jpg

pYk49F.jpg

GCy3tu.jpg

N4yPY7.jpg

Great Jason! All kinds of awesome!

Chuffed that you've finally got it built. And per your offer of spare bolts, please keep some hub nuts and bolts on hold for me whilst I still await delivery of the sets of 'spares' for mine which may, or may not, have all the required hub fixings. Top man! :)

Love the signed bit from Gravy! :cool:

Re:

With the unique rumble these make even the blind can appreciate them..

Soooo cool.

Back