My Klein Adroit 1992 Backfire project

SwedishKlein

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello fellow Retrobikers !

Thought I would share some pics and stats from my Adroit build.
I have been a fan of Kleins since my early teens in the 90tees. Being from Sweden these bikes where not that common at all. I still remember the first time I saw one these beauties. It was an early Attitude Linear Horizon Fade and I was hooked from that moment on. As a teen I could never dream of afford one at the price. But as so many others on this site, I have taken the second chance to buy my childhood dream "toys" as Retrobikes.
Enough of the reminiscing, here is my build:

-Klein Adroit 1992 MC1 Backfire(original paint) 27,2 mm seatpost Size 18.
-NOS Grafton Speed Controllers(with Scott Mathauser brake pads)
-NOS Grafton Re-Entry levers
-NOS Grafton Fat Fingers
-NOS Grafton Perches
-NOS Klein Instinct grips
-NOS Shimano XTR M900 Shifters
-NOS Shimano XTR M900 front mech
-NOS Shimano XTR M900 rear mech
-NOS Sachs Aria Casette(will change this)
-NOS Shimano HG91 Chain
-NOS Ringle Bubbas 32-holes
-NOS Araya RM20 rims
-NOS Ringle Ti-Stixx skewers
-NOS Tioga Psycho Butterscotch
-NOS Ringle Moby(1:st gen.) seatpost
-NOS Flite Evolution Carbon
-NOS Grafton JoyStix with NOS Shimano SG-X chainrings
-NOS Grafton SpeedTraps(Signed by John himself).
-NOS Ringle H2O Bottle cage

The only thing that remains is to fix the cassette, the old Bubba will not take an 8-speed cassette, so I will have to fit a 7-speed.
It is and will remain a wall hanger, unfortunately for now it is tucked away in my storage, but I will find a better place for it :D Anyway, I thought I would share some photos with you.

Re:

Sweet build. Since this one is a garage queen, hopefully you have another Klein to ride and enjoy.

Re: Re:

SF Klein":31xwjiq6 said:
Sweet build. Since this one is a garage queen, hopefully you have another Klein to ride and enjoy.

Thank you! Yes I would love to have an Attitude as a rider.

Re:

I would like to thank everybody on RB who has contributed with parts and knowledge, this build could not have happened otherwise.

Special mention should go out to "Espresso" for all his help :D

The color combination of this backfire , black , psycho candy just the most beautiful that has passed through my eyes.
congratulations on the good taste.
I hope you enjoy it a lot.
I love it! :facepalm: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

add i wanted specialized BXL 21 or Araya RM 20 rims, black NOS or mint condition

Latest posts

Back