'96 Breezer Storm slow build....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
....so this is how it came to me, all the way from the south of France....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=343308

Since when it's been on top of the wardrobe wrapped in a sheet, waiting for me to get outside with it, and polish off the tape residue and clean up some of the chips and scrapes, not that there are many!

But it's bloody cold outside, and now I've got a cold, so here's some indoor pics while I try and muster up some enthusiasm to go out to the workshop. Lovely touch, having the original warning stickers on the forks and chain stay, plus the French dealer sticker. Still exists as a shop, selling posh modern stuff by the looks of a quick google search.....

Attachments

• Breezer 008.JPG
    Breezer 008.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,168
  • Breezer 003.JPG
    Breezer 003.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,167
  • Breezer 005.JPG
    Breezer 005.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,166
  • Breezer 007.JPG
    Breezer 007.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,167
  • Breezer 006.JPG
    Breezer 006.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,167
  • Breezer 001.JPG
    Breezer 001.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 2,167
  • Breezer 010.JPG
    Breezer 010.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,167
  • Breezer 002.JPG
    Breezer 002.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,167
Re:

Build plans are a bit 'fluid' at the moment, would love to do a full retro rebuild with period kit, some of which I have, but then again, have modern stuff that would at least get it riding sooner rather than later. And funds, as always, are very low.

May take my time and let the bits come to me, as the Kona is a perfectly usable every day hack for now.

Attachments

• Breezer 009.JPG
    Breezer 009.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,158
  • Breezer 011.JPG
    Breezer 011.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,159
  • Breezer 012.JPG
    Breezer 012.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,158
  • Breezer 015.JPG
    Breezer 015.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,159
That's Well classy looking Kaz and for goodness sake take your time and give this one the attention it deserves ;) ..

Re:

Kazzzzzzzz that is lovely!!!

Please.....

KEEP THIS ONE!!!!

Re:

:LOL: :LOL:

Yes boss.....

Don't worry, I've waited since the 90's to own one of these, in this colour, and it's going nowhere. Well, down a few tracks and bridleways is where it's going hopefully...

Re:

Hmmm.....OK so I wasn't expecting to get this far with it today, but it's kind of a backward step as I don't like the headset, the stem is too long, and the bars too heavy/tatty.... :facepalm: :LOL:

Didn't think there was a complete headset with it, but turned out only the bearing races were missing, and I had a new set of those, so 'dry assembled' it with that headset, all looked good, so greased it up and put the rest of it together, but had forgotten how much I hate the 'feel' of non sealed bearing headsets! Even though there is no wear to the bearing surfaces, it still feels too tight, and if I loosen it a tiny bit, there's then movement, so think a nice CK one is the only way to go.

At some point.

:roll:

Going to pick up another Kona complete bike tomorrow too, so hoping that will at least yield some decent brakes and levers, maybe help fund some more parts for this by selling the bits I don't need.

Attachments

• Breezer part built 002.JPG
    Breezer part built 002.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Breezer part built 003.JPG
    Breezer part built 003.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Breezer part built 001.JPG
    Breezer part built 001.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Breezer part built 004.JPG
    Breezer part built 004.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,953
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back