British Made Italian Tubes....guesses please

H

Retro Guru
Can you guess what's just landed at Chez H?

This beauty was collected by me the other night from down south, it goes without saying that I'm pretty excited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 621
Re:

I can't contain my delight. Here she is in full, minus all the modern stuff that was fixed to it and ready for the Humbrol. She rode nice too, prior to me getting busy with the tools. H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 588
That's a Rare site these days,...you wont find many flaws with that. Lovely score.

That looks stunning. Love the bid seat tube extension, and Max OR......say no more :cool:

No matching fork?

Re:

Yep, bought of fleabay two days ago. I got it with a mixture of retro and modern parts on; all of which are up for grabs once cleaned and checked, so watch this space. For the moment, I'll be running it single speed as my paypal is bare. That said, the Judy SL's I've got are sadly a fraction too flipping short!

As far as I know Neil Orrell was a custom builder with a retail bike business in Manchester. His enviable reputation was founded on road, touring, track and cyclo-x frames, where he used both Columbus and Reynolds tubes. I remember his triple diamond track frames from when I was going round in circles in the Birmingham track league BITD. Apparently, he built very few MTB's, so I consider myself very, very lucky. Nowadays, Neil is retired as he sold his business a while back, that said he still runs frame building.

Thanks for the comments guys, it is much appreciated. My purchases are are like Indiana Jones meets American Pickers as my means are slight owing to changing career and becoming a mature student. See you out on the trail guys. H

Lovely, looking forward to seeing it built up. Not heard of the make before, but I love Columbus Max bikes - they deserve their own thread on here!

Re:

Me too, can add a Yates to the Max OR clan.
Back to this ... Sounds like a rare find. Any idea of year (head tube diameter etc)? Would some RC30s suit?

Back