Kuwahara 1983 MTB

deeman

Retro Newbie
Hi All, been a member here a while but haven't been on for a good while...
My name is Damian from Watford and my main interest is old school bmx however I have found myself craving a proper bike with gears I can actually use as transport...Please bear in mind that at 42 I have never owned anything apart from a BMX!!
I didn't want to spend too much, so on a bit of a whim I picked this old Kuwahara MTB up. I obviously recognised the Kuwahara name from BMX and noticed it was cromoly, it cost me 30 quid!!
It looks to be mostly original, the seat and front rim have been changed, along with the slick tyres which is kinda what I was after. Apart from that it appears fairly stock with some nice parts i.e Shimano Super Maxy cranks, KKt peds, Dia Compe cantilevers, suntour derailleur.
It is an 83 bike, would anyone happen to know the model? or have any brochures etc?
I will shut up now here are some pics....

I am going to take it apart, give it a much needed service, I have found a matching Araya front rim already and I will hopefully have some fun hacking about this summer on it! Any info anyone has would be cool!
Damo

Back