Smokestone SS0052 1995?

cogtopus

Retro Guru
I have been able to get hold of a smokestone frame and I am willing to rebulit it but I will need some help and advice!
Thanks a lot in advance for any information on the frame or inspiration on the build!

Here it is:

The steertube is engraved with the smokestone Logo and the serial wich is SS 0052, the model should date to 1995.

I have already contacted Graham over facebook, but the only thing he could tell me about it was that the frame must date to the period he´d left the original company (in 1994). The guys who took over the company seem to have vanished, so I do not know where to find info on this one. But I have found a frame with the serial SS 0063 wich dates to 1995, I assume mine does too.

One wired thing is the dropout situation

As you will notice, the dropouts are samehow mirrored, I think they do not belong there.
Maybe they are ment to be attached to that softtail parallelogram suspension seen in some of the Graham Bigfoots... but I do not think that I could be able to get hold of one of these...

I guess these dropouts could propably fit the frame, but I am willing to lasercut and mill the parts myself... What do you think?

The next thing is, that the rear mounts for the cantilever pivits are missing, to me it looks like the Graham Bigfoots do have similar ones.
Maybe one of you got some spareparts for me?!

Other than that the frame is pretty gorgeous, the welding is nice and strong and it is in great shape and condition!

I do not know what kind of forks to fit and I´m open to any inspiration on this one!

All the best Moritz

Attachments

• smokeston2.JPG
    smokeston2.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 886
  • softtail.jpg
    softtail.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 886
  • smokestone-bigfoot-dropout.jpg
    smokestone-bigfoot-dropout.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 886
  • smokestone-graham.jpg
    smokestone-graham.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 886
  • smokestone-graham-canti.jpg
    smokestone-graham-canti.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 886
Re:

This could be one cool build..... Or one of the most frustrating.

That engraved head tube badge is something else

Unfortunetly not!
In fact this build is rather frustrating than interresting at the moment!
I do not have enough time to spend on it and I do not get any more information.
If anyone here has a smokestone or an ozon which is similar to mine I´d really apprechiate to get any info!
Some messures of the dropouts and canti-pivits and more detailed images would be great. that would help a lot rebuilding these parts!
Thanks a lot in advance, happy eastern!
Moritz

Hi Moritz the red anno model ss0065 pictured in your thread is actually my bike. I'd happily lend you the components you need but if they go missing in the post the whole bikes trash!

WOW, that´s an offer, incredible!
But did you notice that i live in germany? Maybe it is already an option to take pictures with a ruler attached (metric if possible)...
Thanks a lot for your help!

Hey Tc,
I would love to rebuild it and at least give it a ride before I propably sell it again...
Can you help me with the pics an mesures?
kind regards Moritz

Back