1936 Rollfast Rat Rod Survivor Build

OSMojo

Old School Hero
It's gonna be arsesome man arsesome! :cool:

OK the plan, a pub crawler, café poser, tow path along river lounger (I live near the Thames, London).
Frame: 1936 Rollfast (D P Harris, probably) 22.5" top tube so nice big size.
Forks: ah well that'll be a surprise, I can't tell you yet, you'll love them
Wheels: Pre-War drop centre wheels, with 'new departure' hubs and coaster, rust patina but solid.
Tyres: Duro, Vintage goodyear pattern 26x2.125

The frame is being sand blasted. I am leaving it raw and will not coat it, I'll run the risk of rust.
A few pictures attached of the parts (apart from the fork, ouch! they're tasty, and they integrate with the bars)
The frame will be back next week, then I'll marry it up to the forks and wheels and post again.
_57.jpg

pannier.jpg

badge.jpg

wheels.jpg

tyres.jpg

chain%20guard.jpg

The History Man":3gen6a65 said:
Ooooh. Nice. Not sure about leaving such an oldie raw though.
Yeah, a bit risky, but I'll keep an eye on it, if it starts to alka seltzer then I'll coat it

If you are leaving it bare I can recommend LPS 3 Rust Inhibitor. I've used it on bare steel forks and it seems to protect them for a decent amount of time before it needs re-applying.

Re:

This is gonna be nice! :cool:

@kingoffootball – Very interesting, does the LPS 3 dry completely (and not leave a wax or grease)? Can you see the coating? Cheers

As far as I remember - it's been awhile since I rode that bike - the LPS 3 does dry with no obvious signs it's there. I'll try to do a test to double check that soon.

Liking this,where did you aquire those wheelz,been looking for some on these shores for an age,shipping and tax duties makes them expensive from US

kingoffootball":2t218mgq said:
If you are leaving it bare I can recommend LPS 3 Rust Inhibitor. I've used it on bare steel forks and it seems to protect them for a decent amount of time before it needs re-applying.
Thanks for the advice, sounds like a good idea

Back