1991 Scott Pro Evoloution

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi folks..:)

I was fortunate enough at the end of last year to find the missing piece to help complete the retro Scott jigsaw.

I'd been on the search nearly a year for a steel E-stay versioned Scott, and I had almost given up hope of landing one , especially as I had heard Scott only produced the steel version during 1991 :(

It seemed that every E-stay that appeared for sale was either the later Scott 92 aluminium version, or an E-stay produced from another manufacturer altogether :facepalm:

Then to make things worse the few steel ones that did appear up for sale, we're either full of holes and requiring a total refinish or I needed a set of ladders to reach the saddle roll: :

But in October last year during my holidays , the search got almost obsessive :shock: :oops: ,
I had been spending way more hours than was healthy glued to that liquid crystal portal, and I felt like I really needed a holiday :( '
'Frack I WAS on holiday' :facepalm: :shock: :| :cry: :facepalm: , I certainly needed sleep as alcohol and caffeine combined with energy gels wasn't cutting it anymore :oops:

But on the third night shift of my eBay trawling, ! She appeared !,, their right in front of me !! :shock:
The seller had only just listed it on eBay, within an hour of his listing, a deal had been struck, PayPal had been hammered and eBay was 20% down ;) the Scott jigsaw was almost complete :) , perseverance and sheer bloody mindedness , alcohol and copious amounts of caffeine had paid off .

Because I had been waiting so long to get my hands on one of these ,and tbh curiosity got the better of me :LOL:, I assembled it with various parts I had around to check the ride and make sure it fits, as it is slightly larger than my normal 'medium, fits all' sizing' :)

I've maybe covered 50miles of mixed terrain on this so far , and I'd have to say , I'm not quite sold yet , however it's early days and after the searching and stress of finding it , I'm sure as hell going to see it through :) , or at least until the final build :)
So I'll not post up full bike pics as I need to decide on one of two build options I'm looking at :)
After seeing a couple of these E-stays built, and almost doing Xt and XTr stuff to death, I've decided that this is going to be a Shimano free build for a change :)

So ..Time to start the Evoluton :)

Comments, suggestions, and ideas good or bad as always are welcomed and appreciated.

Ian

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 847
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 847
Re:

That's one of my favourite Scott's models!
Searching for mine quite long (it was hard to find any in Poland then, and in right size it was almost impossible ;))

Re:

Ok so down to business, as my other bikes are mainly equipeed with Shimano's workhorse XT and Xtr parts, I thought it would be a nice change to try something different.

Classic turbo seat , slightly early than the frame , but the colour matches in nicely and has always been one of my favourite seaddles.

2 fingered fun ,

Self energising Stopping power.

Suntours flagship rear derailleur.

Re: Time for an Evolution.

I see You're going by my way ;)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220720&hilit=Pro+Evo

I had this bike built on XC Pro in my head from many years.
I knew that Pro Evo wasn't included in any Scott catalogue I've ever seen -that gives some room to interpretation
That's why I had almost full XC Pro gruppo waiting in the sheed, long before I catch the frame
It fits perfect here IMHO ;)
Clipboard03.jpg

Back