My First Bike. (Islabike Content).

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Here is my lad's first proper bike. I Know it isn't retro, but it is at least rigid and doesn't have disks! Several of you recommended an Islabike when I asked and a couple wondered what they are like. So here we go a few pictures and a hearty thumbs up. OK they are slightly more than the average kiddies bike, but not much. They weigh much less than one from a toy shop and all the components are specced with a sprogg in mind. That includes levers and proper QR alloy rims. Once I have changed the Tourney mech for a M735 one I have it'll be about right!

PS If anyone from Portugal could leave a comment that would really make his day. Portugal is his dream location. No it isn't anything to do with a certain football player, he has heard there are a lot of cafes and restaurants there!

Attachments

• IB#2.jpg
    IB#2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 845
  • IB#3.jpg
    IB#3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 845
  • IB#1.jpg
    IB#1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 845
He certainly looks well chuffed with :LOL:
I used to try and get kids onto Hotrocks or Treks as there was light years between them and the cheap stuff. Definitely worth spending the extra IMO ;)

My daughter has a Hotrock and it is a great bike....but it does still weigh quite a lot, I was a bit disappointed.

conniesnewbike003mediumbj8.jpg

Hi Charlie.

Nice bike you´ve got there, buddy!

It´s gonna be a great bike to practice your wheelies and bunny-hops before you get to ride you father´s bikes without his knowledge (oops, i think he might read this... shhhh...)

I live in Portugal, here you have a nice weather, lot´s of green spaces and mountains to ride your bike, long and warm beaches and in my town, you have an 18km sidewalk along the sea, where everybody goes on the end of the day, for bike riding or just for walk and see the sunset.

But you know what? I´ve been in London a couple of weeks ago, and i would also like to live in UK, it seems a very nice country.

Well, i would miss portuguese weather...

I leave you with a pic taken from my house, in the morning...

ffic2.jpg

Be good, young man.

Cheers, Mark.

Back