New toys for the Cannondale Beast!

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Cannondale crazies will enjoy this, and the rest of you will say, "So what!?"
:LOL:
I found some NOS CODA branded DiaCompe SS-5 levers for the Beast of the East. They feel much better than the Paul Knock-offs and they have relevance to the bike, so I'm pleased. Plus, they match the Paul Thumbies in color, which is cool.

What can I say? I am a gwat! :D :cool:

Attachments

• levers1.jpg
    levers1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,994
  • levers2.jpg
    levers2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,994
the other levers.....

This is a pic with the Tektro Paul Knock-Offs. I think the CODAs are an imrovement over the very stark silver levers. The Tektros are for sale...cheap...any takers?...anyone...hello? :LOL:

Attachments

• beast3small.JPG
    beast3small.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,986
Nice mod :D , tell me how do you find the pauls thumbies?

kaiser":1n4rpm1q said:
Nice mod :D , tell me how do you find the pauls thumbies?

Ah, kaiser! I was hoping you'd find my sad little post! :D

The thumbies work very well. They are a little stiffer than the normal thumbshifter, but I wonder if that will break in somewhat and loosen. They are 9 speed Dura Ace shifters and the derailleurs are Deore DX with a Sram 9 speed cassette and a converted XT 730 pre-paralax hub. Combination works very nice, and helps keep the Beast feeling young (and light!) :cool:

What can I say? I am a gwat!

OK, I know we're meant to speak the same language........but, what's a gwat? :LOL:

nice looking bike btw. got any more pics, might inspire Beaker to do something with his!

jango":34vfogz7 said:
What can I say? I am a gwat!

OK, I know we're meant to speak the same language........but, what's a gwat? :LOL:

nice looking bike btw. got any more pics, might inspire Beaker to do something with his!

Not really sure what a gwat is, actually. There was an 80's movie called "Some Kind of Wonderful" and one of the charaters calls another a gwat in context that always led me to believe that it pretty much means dork-geek-nerd-poindexter...

...GWAT! :LOL: :cool: Glad I could bring something new to the board! :cool: Gwat got more play than my dorky CODA levers! :LOL: :LOL:

Gwat Levers are on ebay, auction number is 330249339331 :cool:

SRP bits for the Beast!

I'm not being very responsive in getting the shipping thing settled so I can send you guys some SRP Ano bits...that and I'm flooding my bikes with as much as I can stand before I sell the rest! :D :shock: :D

Also, NOS Race Face cranks and some RF rings from another set of Turbines I've got which aren't in use. Works well, I think! :cool:

Yes, this means my hideous crank bolts are a thing of the past!

Attachments

• rf.JPG
    rf.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,616
  • IMG_2529small.JPG
    IMG_2529small.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,616
Big pimpin :) Did you decide against the pepperoni's?

Back