Klein Attitude Dolomite '91

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Picked up this one yesterday.

I still am surprised that these bikes show up on the local Marktplaats/marketplace now and then, and this time only 5KM from where i life.
Bought it from the first owner, who only replaced the shifters by some ugly grip shift styles stuff, the saddle and rear wheel, the rest came with the bike when he bought it new in 91.
The paint is still in an amazing condition.

I have owned a dolomite in the past and that didn't do it for me,.. that was one with the boxed fork, this is one with the round fork. But this example is so nice, i think i will hold on to this one for a while.

I do not have that must knowledge about these Kleins (although i have owned quite a few of them), i am more into steel and ti.
The bike is equipped with the original XT group, but when i search images on google, i never see one equipped with the back version of the XT group, although this one was bought by the first owner with this group.

Things to do
- replace the saddle by a Flite Ti ,.. i think that is the best looking saddle ever, and for me a bike does not have to be factory original
- Put on some XT Thumbs of xt Shfter/brake combo.
- Replace the wheel set (bought some nuke proof carbon hubs recently ) with some nice amber wall tires.
- Find a nice XT seat post , this one has scratches , or use one of the Syncros seatposts I have laying around.
- Lower the stem, and the seat on the correct height ,.. with this bike, the right stance is so important, makes a world of difference .

Attachments

• IMG_5412.JPG
    IMG_5412.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 2,781
  • IMG_5420.JPG
    IMG_5420.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 2,781
Re:

it has been hanging in a garage , untouched, for years.
It is not mint but i would call it a 8/10

Re:

Congrats Bas you have it. The previous owner really didn't have a clue what he was selling.

Looks in very good condition. Unfortunately I saw it way too late ☺

Cheers and have fun with this one.

Martin

Re:

Thanks Martin.

The seller was the son of the original owner.
And you are right, he was absolutely not aware of the real value of the bike. For some people these are just nothing more then old bikes.
Because he was receiving numerous biddings by mail and marktplaats he realized that this was no ordinary bike, so i paid way more then the asking price, but still a fair one.

Re:

yes I know,.. that wasn't the plan :LOL:

I want to buy/ build a new Titanium project but for some reason i keep buying bikes which are not ;)

Latest posts

Back