My 96 Trek 930 Singletrack Rebuild Complete

Mountaintrail

Dirt Disciple
Got my new wheelset with tires in today and just got them installed, double wall Alex 19's. This is a bike that I picked up several weeks back cheap and completely went through, it's an 18" double butted chromoly frame. New cables, shifters, brakes converted over to V-brake, suspension fork, 31.8 hi bars, bottom bracket, wheels, tires, freewheel, everything. I started out on a Trek back in the early 90's so they have always had a special place in my heart. I really like how this turned out, rides and shifts like new, even though I have a 4,000 dollar Specialized FS bike, this is the one bike that I would keep if I could only keep one. I'm hoping you don't have to have a minimum post count to post pics so here goes,...

Re:

TREKs hold a special place in my heart too!

9 series bikes have a small cult following. I bought mine new in 94 and still have the receipt..and frame warranty! :)

Re:

Got two Trek 930s in my house right now. My 98 and a 91 I'm servicing for a friend. Good solid bikes that feel like they'll last forever! :)

Thanks guys, they do make some strong frames. I started out on an early 90's 820 but always wanted a nice 9 series Singletrack so this one keeps me close to my roots, good times are here to stay.

Back