My modern ride

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Thought i'd break from the norm and show a modern bike. Love this bike as it is just so confidence boosting, anything i can do on a bike this thing can soak it up and then some. I always struggle to choose between this bike and the Kilauea.

Frame: '07 Cove Hummer built by Litespeed

Fork: '05 Float 130RLC (cheers Mike)

Headset: Hope
Stem: Hope
Handlebar: Ti risers (mike again :D )
Grips: Odi Lock-on

Brakes: Hope mono mini F+R Floating rotors
Brake Cables: Hope braided hoses
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: XT
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: XT
Cassette: XT
Chain: Sram PC991
Cranks: Race Face Atlas
Crank Bolts: Race Face
Chainrings: Race Face
Chainring bolts: Race Face
Bottom Bracket: Hope Ceramic
Pedals: Crank Bros 2Ti. Would have gotten the 4Ti version but these are the only ones suitable for riders above 185lbs

Hub Skewers: Mavic
Rims: Mavic Crossmax XLs (Cheers Matt)
Tyres: Maxxis Crossmark UST

Saddle: WTB Rocket V Ti Rails
Seatpost: Thomson
Seatpost Binder: Cove

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,446
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,446
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,446
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,446
Are you watching Hawaii 5-0 or Ironside on the telly?

Lovely bike, now get some Zebo on that beautiful fireplace! ;)

Love it, I have always fancied a Cove Hummer or even the Cove Handjob XC, over a £1000 just for the frame though, maybe one day or is a Hei Hei just as good or better for half the money? One thing I am interested in is the Hope external BB, is it any good because the Shimano XT ones dont last 6 Months!

Trevor.

Hummer

Zebo? nah pete trust me its the rest of the house that needs focused on. Its a bit stange that the rest of the house is a building site and i use the tidiest place in the house for my bike workshop though.

Roly i'm not sure what "FAF" means but i'll take it as a compliment :D :D :D

Thorpie i'm not sure how it would compare to a Hei Hei but the hei hei/KK frames are held in very high regards by a lot of people including me, despite never having owned one. I've always loved konas and was 3rd on the waiting list for the mythical 2007 king kahuna frames that never turned up. After waiting for about 8-10 months for the KK to turn up and also after having read the Hummer review in What MTB i decided to go for a test ride on one. Loved it. Bought it. A happy medium between the 2 would for me be the Kona Score, if you can get a hold of one that is.

Hope

Only done 15 miles on the Hope BB so far so i can't tell you anything about longevity

Thorpie":3mwf40vm said:
Love it, I have always fancied a Cove Hummer or even the Cove Handjob XC, over a £1000 just for the frame though, maybe one day or is a Hei Hei just as good or better for half the money? One thing I am interested in is the Hope external BB, is it any good because the Shimano XT ones dont last 6 Months!

Trevor.
I'm Pretty sure you can get a handjob for under £1000 :roll:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Had an older hummer and older hand job(too flexy) the Hummer although a bit over priced was one of the best bikes i've ever ridden for all round ability, it just steered so, so well !

Back