Scott Endorphin 1997

VTFoco2001

Retro Guru
Hi,

As an early X-mas present I bought myself a Scott Endorphin 1997 frame in size M. :xmas-big-grin: Received it yesterday.
Frame is cleaned today and looks quite ok. Inspected for cracks and none found. Could use a respray and new logo's as these are faded during all those years. Cable guides have some minor corrosion, but can be cleaned up.
Not sure if I will go for a period correct retro rebuild or a more 'modern' 1x9 setup. This will depend on availability and pricing of the retro parts. Do have a Pace RC36 EVO2 that will be fitted, just because it looks right.
Does anyone of you know which bracket axle size/threads are needed for this frame?

Best regards,

Juergen

Attachments

• Scott1.JPG
    Scott1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 4,351
  • Scott2.JPG
    Scott2.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 4,351
Re:

Nice :cool:

Looking forward to seeing this come together

Mike Muz has one of these and I'm sure he'll be along to answer your question shortly.

Re:

Standard threads, 68mm shell width, and 27.2 seatpost size ;)

Mine

The fork steerer looks a bit short on yours. Looking forward to progress :xmas-cool:

Mike :xmas-wink:

Attachments

• Endorphin finished !.jpg
    Endorphin finished !.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,274
Re:

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The steerer tube is indeed short, but I have a spare one which is long enough :cool: . Headset will be removed as it is not complete.
Like your design and colour. Thinking of painting mine in deep dark blue. Did you get the placards/logo's from GilM?

Juergen

Re:

Scott did them in a nice dark metallic blue! :xmas-cool:

I took the frame to the local graphics shop. Really helpful. We measured up the originals and style and went from there.

Normally go to Gil though

Merry X-mas! :xmas-wink:

Mike

Retro66666":2q88secu said:
Like the look of these.

Interested to see how the build progresses!

Me to..

I've got one on route but in Banana Yellow,
Always liked the slightly funky look

Attachments

• Scott.jpg
    Scott.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 4,165
Re:

Good to see al those lovely designs of the Endorphin! Some very promising projects for next year :D .

Merry X-mas to all of you. :xmas-cool:

Re:

I went after a couple of Endorphin frames a while ago, but didn't win either and had rather forgotten about them.... until now.

Back