Miyata Elevation 12,000

trxtr

Dirt Disciple
This is a 1993 1st generation Miyata suspension frameset which was only available for one year before Miyata pulled out of the US market. This was marketed in Europe as the Koga-Miyata Ridgerunner Suspension (RDG-S). The suspension design by Greg Herbold was quite cutting edge at the time as one of the first with a rising-rate linkage (as opposed to the older AMP designs).

The frame is a combination of carbon main tubes with a thinwall aluminum core, bonded to cast aluminum lugs and a chromoly steel rear triangle. The carbon weave is visible through a blue clearcoat. Head tube is 1-1/8" with 73mm bottom bracket, seatpost is 28.6mm. Rear shock is proprietary and was manufactured by Yamaha. As this was a first-gen. suspension frame, suspension travel was limited to right around 2" (compatible with the forks of the day) and was quite smooth.

The frame is in great shape - had little use during its life built up and and has been unused in storage for the past 20 years. Greg Herbold got great mileage from this design during his racing career by installing revised linkage plates (easy these days with cheap CNC'ing) and adjusting the spring/shock to increase travel and tune progression.

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_0198.JPG
    Resize of IMG_0198.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,662
  • Resize of IMG_0199.JPG
    Resize of IMG_0199.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,661
Re: Re:

BoyBurning":1g53o0bj said:
You guys are making me cry now.

Get in touch if you ever put them up for sale...

:)

Will do. I might have a spare Elev 10k for sale if you're interested...

Re:

Cool on the 12k...

Maybe, depending on year on the 10K...

I already have a couple of 10Ks done up as HBall replicas, but shoot me some pics and details when you get chance anyway please!

Cheers,
BB

Back